Thursday, April 23, 2015

April 23, 2015

Things I Don't Like to Hear:
Mosquitoes!
April 23, 2015

Male Golden-fronted Woodpecker

The mosquitoes are big and hungry.  All the recent rains have produced a bumper crop of the annoying little blood suckers.  One has been chasing me all evening in the sewing room and I am having no success killing him. 

This morning was allergy shot day.  I gave myself the shots and then worked in the sewing room.  I am trying to straighten things up a little.  I had dishes to wash since I don't have a dishwasher and I baked some muffins for breakfast.  I put fruit out for the birds and filled the ponds and feeders - trying to keep away from mosquitoes in the yard.
Male Golden-fronted Woodpecker
On the way to the office I stopped to pay the utility bill.  I actually understood the lady on the speaker at the drive up window.  That is a place I have trouble hearing - any drive up window.  At the office, Ron was busy preparing some locks for a customer and so I was waiting on customers most of the morning.  The afternoon was a little slow. 

During the afternoon I got so sleepy, I was glad Ron wasn't out on a job.  I finally put my head down on the desk and napped a few minutes.  I came home about 30 minutes early and worked in the sewing room and watched the birds, but there were few.  Ron got home and we went to meet our friends for supper.  They had been out of town for a week and we had lots to catch up on over supper. 
White-winged Dove
The restaurant was very quiet when we arrived, but there were some ladies who came in about an hour later for a party and they were noisy.  I tried adjusting my Cochlear sound processor, but still had trouble hearing.  We didn't stay much longer.  Our friends were tired after about a 10 hour trip and I wasn't hearing so it was time to leave.

At home I worked again in the sewing room.  I am still needing to finish the backings for those two quilts.  I made progress on one tonight!  I also spent time on line with one of our sons catching up on what is going on with him and his family.  Technology is great.
 White-winged Dove

No comments:

Post a Comment