Monday, April 6, 2015

April 6, 2015

As All-American As...
Little League Baseball!
April 6, 2015


#8 is our grandson.  I am so glad they have numbers.  
In the uniforms and with their caps on, they can all look alike!

April and Little League baseball go together.  For years in Jeff's family, it seems at least one if not two of the boys have been in Little League.  This year, only the 8 year old is playing.  The six year old decided he didn't want to play - until tonight at the opening game for the season.  Maybe next year. 

In this grouping  in Little League, the coaches do the throwing, but one of the players is on the pitcher's mound to catch any balls hit his way.  That position is what our grandson was playing tonight.  He did get two runners out tonight by getting the ball to the right place at the right time and then he got a great hit, but was put out at first base.  All in all it was a very good start to the season. 
This is the ball he hit, as it was approaching his bat.  
He got a good strong hit on it.

This morning I was getting ready and when I showered, I was using a new bottle of the same shampoo/conditioner I have been using for 8-10 years.  The only problem is that they changed the formula and I can't stand the smell of the new formula.  My nose started running and my eyes started watering.  I coughed.  I am so frustrated!  There was no indication on the bottle that anything had changed - no "new formula" warning.  So now I start a search for a new shampoo that I am not allergic to.

Just before 10:45 this morning, I picked Mom up for a doctor's appointment.  We were there for about 45 minutes.  She needed a couple of refills on medications and the doctor has ordered some x-rays and bone density tests.  It was a good visit and he is so good with her.  After I took her home, I picked up lunch for Ron and me and went to the office.

Today at the office was slow.  I did a little bookkeeping work, but not a lot else.  I did wait on a few customers, and waiting on one, I started coughing and coughing.  I am not sure if I was allergic to some scent the lady was wearing or what.  Ron finally took over with the customer.
Our cheering section
I left the office a few minutes early and came home to do a few things in the yard before I fixed our supper.  Ron arrived just as supper was ready.  After that he worked on my Suburban, on the lock on the back.  He is taking it tomorrow to have a remote opener installed in it as well as an alarm system.  He finished that chore just in time for us to go to the baseball game.  The weather could not have been nicer for the game.  There was a great breeze and very few mosquitoes, especially considering there was water standing several places on the property.  It was fun to watch with the family.  Barbara's mother was there and Jeff made it home in time for the game. 
Ready to catch a ball
We won't be able to go to every game, but it was fun to watch our grandson enjoying the game and doing well.  He is small for his age, but a fast runner and it was a good game. The sun was setting as we left the ball park.  It was a very nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment