Friday, April 10, 2015

April 10, 2015

National Sibling Day
April 10, 2015


This was taken this evening of me with my brother who is the oldest of the siblings.
  We have two younger sisters.

According to a variety of posts on Facebook, today was National Sibling Day.  Many friends posted photos of their siblings.  I did the same, but my siblings didn't like the photo, so I won't include it here.  I will include one of my brother, the oldest of the siblings.  He and his wife have come for a couple of days to visit Mom.

My brother and I are close in age (about 15 months apart).  We were close growing up and I always appreciated having an older brother.    He and his wife drove down this morning and we all had supper together and then returned to Mom's house for some cake.
My brother and his wife.
This morning our oldest granddaughter was at the office.  What a joy she is to be around.  She loves to help and clean.  She shadowed her grandpa most of the morning until he went out on some jobs.  When he got back, she and I picked up some lunch and returned to the office in time to eat it before her brother arrived to pick her up.

The afternoon was quiet since she was gone and Ron was out on a job all afternoon.  He has been very busy this week and we have had very little time together at the shop.  In fact, when I got there this morning, he was there, but the place was packed with customers so we hardly had time to say hello. 
Mom
I did some cleaning late in the afternoon, sweeping the showroom, Ron's office and mine.  After he returned, I brought my car home and got Mom's car to return to her.  Then once I got to her house, we all went to supper at the Mexican food restaurant where we have been eating lately.  We had a good visit and then returned to Mom's house to chat some more.
Late last night I did try the new quilt pattern with a black background.  I do like it.
At home at the end of the long day, I talked to our daughter-in-law Vickey who has a birthday today.  She had been having a good day and I enjoyed the chat.

Late this afternoon when I brought my car home, I decided to change the setting on my Cochlear sound processor.  As I tried, I could not get the remote to "pair" with the sound processor.  So at home I picked up the other remote, but found the same problem with it, so I had to switch sound processors.  I will need to send the other one in for repair.

I wanted a Spring wreath for my door, so a few weeks ago I bought the supplies and asked Mom to make it for me.  She had finished it today and I brought it home this evening.  We are still debating if it should have a bow.  I will try to get it hung tomorrow.  Thanks, Mom.
My husband and my wreath.

No comments:

Post a Comment