Saturday, April 18, 2015

April 18, 2015

Beautiful Sunset Ends a Cloudy Day
April 18, 2015



Sometimes being right isn't good.  I had said last night that I could sleep late today but probably would end up waking early.  I was right!  I woke at 6:00 a.m. but managed to go back to sleep until 8:00.  Spent time on the computer and then fixed breakfast and Ron got up about the time it was ready.  It was nice to have a morning where we had not obligations.  One of the things we talked about is that I can hear one pitch in my right ear (the one withOUT the Cochlear implant).  I had lost most hearing in it many years ago.  We are going to experiment with that one pitch, to identify it and try to get a buzzer with that tone for the alarm clock and door bell, etc.  We have a couple of friends who should be able to help with that.

The grass was getting deep!
It had rained during the night - actually about 6:00 a.m. - and so it was too wet to mow.  Things were still dripping. 
The mowing would have to wait.  It was too wet this morning.
During the morning I got almost all of the laundry washed and sorted a stack of junk mail that Ron had ignored for too long.  Then I worked on several cluttered areas before making some tuna salad for lunch.  After I ate, I went to get Mom and Carmen. 
 The shrimp plant is blooming beautifully
Mom read and watched the birds while Carmen spent the afternoon cleaning.  After I did some ironing of quilt fabrics, I took Mom to Staples and to the grocery store.  We each did our shopping and then I took Mom and her groceries home.  I came home and Carmen helped me bring mine in and after I put them away, I took her back to Mom's.
These two photos were after I mowed the back yard.
When I got back home Ron was sleeping and I got the mower out and mowed the back yard.  It looks much better.  The clouds were breaking up and after I put the mower away, we had a very nice sunset so I got out my camera for some pictures.
Following my mowing and picture taking I got a shower and fixed my supper.  Ron continued sleeping so I let him sleep.  I watched the weather maps of the same areas that got hit last night with rough weather as they had another round of it tonight.  My sister near the DFW airport said it got pretty rough at her house and the high winds were the main thing. 
The yardman came and mowed the front yard 
while I was at the grocery store with Mom.
It has been a productive day and with Carmen's help, the house looks nice and clean.  It is such a blessing to have her help each week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment