Friday, April 17, 2015

April 17, 2015

Stormy Day in Some Parts of Texas
April 17, 2015


White-winged Dove
Here at home, it is cloudy again and we had a few sprinkles off and on today.  It has been about 80 degrees and we may get some storms late tonight.  I find it amazing that early last fall I heard that forecasters were saying that it was going to be colder and wetter in the south and south east than usual.  They were right.  Wonder how they did that 6 months out and can't get it 6 hours out lots of time.  I was amazed watching the weather channel this afternoon that they said in the area between San Antonio, Texas and Houston, Texas they recorded over 3,200 lightening strikes in 15 minutes.  Wow!  
White-winged Dove
There was a strong storm headed to the Ft. Worth area and I texted my sister to tell her to check the weather (in case she was out shopping).  She said she had not known anything about the forecast until just before she got my text, when her husband said he was going to try to get two cars in the garage.  Many of us would be hard pressed to get two cars in a two car garage.  They had no trouble.
Male Golden-fronted Woodpecker
This morning I woke up about 4:45 and decided to go to the gym for a change.  I pay every month, but have not been getting there nearly enough.  They laugh when I present my membership number because it is a low number - I joined shortly after they opened, but they don't recognize me since I have not been there much with all the assorted medical problems.  I did several of the machines and quit before I was too tired.  That is probably why I doesn't do me a lot of good - I quit too soon.  
Waiting line for the feeders
I stopped at Walgreen's on my way home from the gym, to get some fresh milk.  I fixed my breakfast and turned on Ron's coffee that I had prepared before I left.  Then after my shower, I fell asleep in the recliner.  Oh, me.  At the office, I worked on a few little bookkeeping chores and waited on customers while Ron ran some errands and he went by the doctor's office to get a prescription renewal.
Young sparrow waiting for a turn at the feeders
This afternoon I had to go to the allergist to start on the next level of the serum. My appointment was for 3:30 but I arrived early and was out of there well before 3:30.  Nice change for a doctor's office where we often wait long periods of time.  I gave myself the first two shots from the new bottles, with the allergist looking on and she had a suggestion how to lessen the bruising and I hope she is right.
Plants around the waterfall are growing rapidly with all the rain.
The medication for the shots has to be kept in the refrigerator so I brought it home and spent the rest of the afternoon at home.  I fed the birds and filled the ponds.  I basically relaxed.  I watched the birds and took some photos of them.  They were a hungry bunch and not willing to share.

At 6:15 I left to pick Mom up for supper.  We met Ron at Jason's Deli which turned out to be busier than usual.  It got very noisy and I had to ask for everything to be repeated.  I think none of us were feeling great so it was a little bit of a quiet supper.  After taking Mom home, I came home and put on my night gown and was ready for a good night's sleep since I was going to be able to sleep late in the morning.
Waiting and waiting for a turn.
A friend texted asking if she could pick up something she had asked about borrowing.  We worked out for me to put it on the porch and her husband came and picked it up without me having to get dressed again.  Worked out just fine.  I hope I can sleep late tomorrow.  But if I stay true to pattern, I will be awake before daylight.
One sparrow trying to chase another one off the feeder.

No comments:

Post a Comment