Friday, April 24, 2015

April 24, 2015

It's FRIDAY!!
April 24, 2015


String Piecing Quilt squares I worked on today.

This morning I got up early, made Ron's coffee, spent time on the computer, ate my breakfast, woke Ron up, sat in the recliner and promptly went to sleep.  I think I had put in enough effort for the day.  I was later getting to the office than I had planned, but it was not very busy today, so it really did not matter.

On my way to the office I was stopped at an intersection waiting for a green light and noticed that the weeds in a vacant lot at the corner were taller than the cars passing by.  All this rain is really keeping the lawn mowers going all over town.  If a vacant lot is ignored, the weeds really get tall in a hurry.

During the day I waited on several customers.  A couple from our Sunday School class stopped by.  They will be moving out of town next week and it was nice they took time to come visit.  We will miss them a lot.

I spent some time in the after noon sewing (working on squares for the project at the top of the page) and it was nice to get to do that.  I just worked on String Pieced squares since they are quick and easy to do at the office.  I now have 18 of them made.  Not enough to do anything with yet, but I will keep going.

Just before closing time I left to go by Mom's house and pick her up for supper.  She was treating us to supper and we went to Jason's Deli.  It was not as crowded as last week, but we were earlier.  We had good food and a nice visit.

After that, Ron came home and I took Mom to a couple of stores so she could do some shopping.  Following the shopping excursion, I took her home and then came home to do some sewing - which I have not yet gotten to.  I talked to our daughter-in-law in New Mexico where they had a good rain storm this morning and a little hail.  The mountains out their back door have fresh snow.  Here, we are running the air conditioner.

Tonight we have a 100% chance of rain - could be over an inch.  I just hope it will drown the mosquitoes.  Our son who lives here and his family have been on vacation for two weeks and arrived home tonight.  I will keep 5 of the children Sunday afternoon and am looking forward to hearing all about their trip.  They have had a good time traveling in the mid-west.
I love scrap quilts and I do have lots of scraps.
Tomorrow will be a busy day so I better wrap this up. 

2 comments:

  1. Was that Pat and Elinor who are moving? Did they find a place at lake Livingston?

    I found the tutorial on the spider block....it is interesting. The red and white is ready to quilt...don't tell patty but I'm going to do it on the machine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was Pat and Elinor. They will leave this week. They found a place and I think Mom said she sent you the address. Email me where you found the spider block, please. I am eager to see the red and white quilt. More power to you to do it on the machine. Proud of all you are getting done.

      Delete