Saturday, April 4, 2015

April 4, 2015

Another Rainy Saturday
April 4, 2015

White-winged Dove
A lot of activity has been packed into today.  Ron woke me at 7:30 after I had hit my snooze alarm for an hour and a half.  I showered and washed my hair, unloaded the dishwasher, started laundry, stripped the bed, replaced all the towels, and a few other chores before our three youngest grandchildren arrived at around 9:30.  They stayed until about 9:30 this evening.

Right away the kids headed to the play rooms.  The guest room houses the Lego collection and that is where the 2 little boys went.  Our youngest granddaughter who is 3 headed to the play room and got the dolls to play with before joining me in the sewing room.  A little after 10:30 I went to Mom's to pick up Carmen to bring her to clean our house.  She is so much help and I really appreciate her help.

It had started to rain about 10:00 and ended up raining until about 6:00.  The rain did not keep the birds away from the feeders.  There were lots of them all afternoon and the majority were Red-winged Blackbirds.  The children enjoyed watching them.
You can see beads of rainwater all over the back of his Red-winged Blackbird.

When I went to get Carmen, it was raining hard at our house and there was only a slight drizzle at Mom's.  When I took her back to Mom's they had received a lot of rain, but still not as much as we had. The kids enjoyed just being left alone to play.  They got out the "baby" blocks at one point and built with them right in the middle of the sewing room.

Ron asked if I noticed that the children wanted to be where I was.  What Mom has not noticed that?  It wasn't long before they wanted lunch and they had banana and peanut  butter sandwiches.  It must be one of those things that skips a generation.  None of our boys like that combination, but most of Jeff's like it and Ron was delighted to have someone join him in eating that mixture.

Jeff and Barb and the two big girls joined us for supper at 7:00 and we had our Easter dinner of ham, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, cauliflower, and  corn.
Ron's self portrait
Ron and the boys painted some Easter eggs.The children chattered away the afternoon and it was good to be able to take my sound processor off when they went home.

No comments:

Post a Comment