Sunday, April 5, 2015

April 5, 2015

Blessed Easter Day
April 5, 2015

A hibiscus at Barb's mom's house this afternoon

This was a blessed day.  It started early and has been a busy one.  Ron got me up at 6:00 after I hit my snooze alarm, so I could get my allergy shots long before time to go to church.  We managed to get to church on time after I fell back asleep while Ron showered.
Mom coming out her front door, to go to church this morning
Many in our Sunday school class seemed to be running late, but by the time Ron started the lesson we had a good crowd.  I left early to go get Mom for the worship service.  Church was almost full.  We had a good sermon and good music.
Mom admiring her plants
After church Ron and I came home for a lunch of leftovers and then he put confetti in the eggs the children had painted while I started baking cupcakes.  There were two batches - one chocolate and one yellow.  It took me the rest of the afternoon to bake and decorate them.  Now the kitchen needs my attention. 

Look how much Mom's amaryllis plants had opened just since this morning.  
The photo with Mom beside the planter was taken about 10:30 this morning 
and this one was about 5:30 this afternoon.
At 5:00 I left to pick Mom and Carmen up for the picnic/egg hunt.  The event has been held at my daughter-in-law's mom's home for many years.  This year there were approximately 40 people there.  There was a wide variety of guests from 1 year old twins enjoying their first egg hunt to my 92 year old mom enjoying watching the whole  gathering.
The delicious food being served by the caterers
Barb's mom had the meal catered.  We had wonderful Mexican food.  Some of the guests brought side dishes and three of us brought desserts.   We all enjoyed the meal and then the children were sent inside while eggs were hidden. 

Next the egg hunt took place.  Hearing outside was sometimes a challenge.  One lady repeated things over and over to me.  That becomes frustrating and embarrassing, but it can't be helped if I am to understand what is being said.

The children were all so good and enjoyed the treats they found in the plastic eggs and enjoyed breaking confetti eggs over the heads of anyone they could catch.

After the hunt desserts were served.  There were Rice Krispie treats, cupcakes and a wonderful fruit covered cheesecake. 

About 8:00 I took Mom and Carmen home and relaxed a few minutes when I got back to my house.  It has been a long day, but very good. 
Two gold egg shells filled with confetti and hung on a tree. 
 It took a little bit for the kids to spot these even though they were out in plain sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment