Friday, April 17, 2015

April 16, 2015

Day Dawns Damp and Drippy
April 16, 2015


Oleander plants blooming over the water out behind the house.
When I wake up in the mornings, one of the first things I do is to look outside.  Everything was wet again.  Rain was over, but water was still dripping off the roof and trees.  During the day, it sprinkled off and on and a little light rain, but not much.  Rain is in the forecast for at least the next week. 

Close up view of oleanders.
At the office during the morning, I worked on paying bills and creating a stack of papers to be filed.  Maybe that will be the next chore I tackle: filing.  Ron was busy much of the morning and I waited on several customers.  Do you have those times you encounter someone and don't have a clue as to who they are, yet it is obvious they know who you are?  Ron and I had a customer who called us both by name and as she went out to get something out of the car, I turned to him and  asked if he knew who she was and he said, "Not a clue."  I hope you have a good way of handling it.  I don't.

Orchid tree bloom
After lunch I left to pick up Mom to take her to get some x-rays done at the hospital.  I dropped her off there and went to a doctor's appointment I had in the same part of town.  My appointment was just to get authorization on a drug refill.  The Nurse Practitioner I saw is a nice lady.  We had several things to laugh about and I enjoyed talking to her.  She does listen!
 
Hibiscus by the driveway.  It is covered in blooms every day.
When I left I saw I had missed a call from Mom just a few minutes earlier.  When I returned the call she said she was finished and waiting outside the hospital for me.  Good timing.  I took her home and returned to the office.  I did a little sewing and have another 4 small blocks finished in the star string quilt I am playing with at this time. 
 Star string quilt in progress
Late in the day, I left the office a little early and came to the house so we could leave one car at home when we went to supper.  We met our friends at the Mexican food restaurant where we have been going.  The food was good but they were busier tonight and it got noisy.  The funny thing is that when we arrived, Ron and I were the only ones there and the TV was very loud.  We asked the waitress if she could turn it down.  She returned in a few minutes and brought our iced tea and stood watching the TV that had not been turned down.  I have decided that the restaurants that have TV sets have them for staff, not for customers.  If we are in a restaurant where the TV is on, and is playing a news station, a news item may briefly catch our attention, but we don't sit and stare at it all evening.  The staff does.
Another caladium has come up
The waitress finally turned it down and a family with two rowdy little boys arrived.  It seemed to be one thing after another that caused me to have trouble hearing.  Finally the place had cleared out and I could hear my friends.  Earlier I was having to have things repeated multiple times. 
Duranta by my back door.  
Someone asked about this plant.  It gets BIG!
Once we got home, I decided to go to sleep early for a change and was sleeping by around 9:00.  Don't know if that will help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment