Saturday, January 31, 2015

January 31, 2015

A Friend Comes to Visit
January 31, 2015




Late this afternoon, a friend arrived to spend some time with us.  Much of my day was preparing for her arrival.  I got up early and as Ron was heading out, he came back to tell me it was going to be a beautiful sunrise.   It started out with some pinks, and I decided to drive to another location where I might get better photos.  I think I missed the best part of it while I was en route to the other location.  But I did get a few more nice shots.  I would like to abolish telephone poles.

I ate my breakfast and then did a few chores around the house like sorting laundry.  Then about 9:00 I left to go to Mom's to get Carmen to come work on the house.  She spent the next four hours working on the house while I worked both in the house and in the yard.  I spent two hours working in the yard on the ponds, bird feeders, flower beds, and raking some leaves.  I also cut back a few plants.  As I brushed some branches out of my way, something either bite/stung me of poked me and tonight I am having an allergic reaction in that part of my hand.

When Carmen finished, as I took her home, we stopped and picked up lunch for Mom and the two of us.  I didn't have time to eat mine right then because I had an appointment to get my hair cut.  When I arrived the lady told me it would be about 10 minutes, so I sat in the car eating my lunch.

When I got home, I took a quick shower and washed my hair.  Next on my list was to make a quick stop at a bridal shower for Ashley Smith.  The shower as lovely and it was good to be there at least for a short time.

I got to the airport about 10 minutes before Tiny (my friend) arrived.  I met her as she came off the plane and then we gathered his luggage.  We loaded the car and then headed and it wasn't long before we were home.  We decided that we would go to the grocery store and get some things to get us through a few days.  Back at home, we had chicken and peas and a lot of laughs.



This morning Ron showed up about the time I was ready to start working on the waterfalls and he replaced many of the pumps.  The yard is starting to look beautiful.  There are a lot of weeds coming up under all the bird feeders.
We had a good time at supper and laughed a lot.
Hearing at the shower was next to impossible but I enjoyed the familiar faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment