Friday, January 30, 2015

January 30, 2015

How Are You Doing at 
Remembering to Write 2015?
January 30, 2015


This lone Pied-Billed Grebe was out behind the house this morning

Here we are almost one month into 2015, are you remembering to put that in the date?  I did very well the first few days of the month and then made a few mistakes.  I think I am doing it right almost all the time.  Today being the end of our work month at the office, I was working on the statements to our customers and found that my husband had 2014 on about 1/2 of his invoices.  His are often ones that go to corporate offices.  They like things to be correct.  So while I prepared a bank deposit late this afternoon, he went through and corrected his invoices.
The spider webs were interesting, but not very perfectly constructed.
It is hard to believe how fast this year is going.  I know I say things like that over and over, but I feel them over and over!  Naturally since February is a short month it will seem to pass rapidly, but in addition to that, we have plans to go to a state locksmith convention, so we will be out of the office a few days.  Spring will be here very soon.  At least, it will be in South Texas soon.

This morning I got up around 6:00 and it was very foggy outside.  A little before 7:00 I made Ron's coffee and then when it was ready, I took it to him and woke him up.  Later after he went out to bring in the newspaper, he told me the spider webs were beautiful with the dew drops on them.  I had forgotten to go look earlier.  When I got outside, there were some lovely ones, but it would have been better for me to go out earlier.  I took a variety of photos while I was out and those are scattered through this blog entry.

I left the house about 9:00 to go pick my mom up to take her to her physical therapy session.  She has not been able to do a lot of walking on a regular basis since the weather has been so bad most of the month and she can't yet drive, so she needs the exercise she is getting at PT.  I dropped her off at the PT office and went to get my breakfast.  I ran into a friend from the church who was spending some study time in the quiet shop.  We spoke briefly, but he returned to his study and I went to a table to read.  It was a relaxing time for me.
Intersecting ripples on the water as drips from the dew on the trees dropped into the resaca
My next stop was at Target to select a wedding gift.  Their machine that prints out the wish lists was not working so I went to another place where the bride and groom had registered - Bed, Bath, and Beyond.  The lady there thought her machine wasn't working, but got it going and printed a list for me.  I shopped and finally made selections for Mom and myself.  Just as I was pulling out of the parking lot, Mom called that she was ready to be picked up, so I did that and took her home.
Pied-Billed Grebe (one of my favorites)
Before returning to the office I picked up lunch and then ate it at my desk.  I worked on closing out the month's bookkeeping.  I got all the invoices and payments posted and prepared statements to send to our customers.  I had those finished by just before closing time and I took the last deposit of the month to the bank.  Ron took the statements to the post office to mail and we met our friends for supper at Luby's.

At supper, the hearing for me was harder than it had been lately.  Every time I spoke my voice seemed to just raise the level of the other noises in the room - which were actually very few.  We didn't stay too long, but had a nice visit.  It was a good evening.
Single Red Hibiscus

No comments:

Post a Comment