Thursday, January 8, 2015

January 7, 2015

Still Searching for Missing Files
January 7, 2015


Great Egret
Some time in the yard early this morning helped to bring joy and to calm me for the frustrations ahead of me for the day.  I had found the June 2014 CD backup for my computer bookkeeping program at the house and Ron installed that for me, filling in 1/2 of 2014 in the accounting ledger.  Then tonight I found the July CD, so that leaves 5 missing months.  Two of those I was going to have to post anyway, so at this point I have 3 extra months to post.
Great Egret
While in the yard, God sent me some delightful birds to watch.  Some I was able to photograph, and some got away from my camera.  A Great Blue Heron and A Great Egret had been in the yard when I went out.  Soon they flew away before I could take photos.  The egret just flew across the resaca, so I was able to get some photos.  Then an American Coot swam around the area.
American Coot
I finished filling the ponds and when I went to turn the water off the birds thought I had gone inside and swarmed the feeders.  Even the usually alert Green Jays came to the feeders while I was still in the yard, so I was able to get a few photos.  God knew I needed a bright way to start my day before I tackled my computer.
Great Egret
Ron had promised a job so I needed to be at the shop by 9:30.  He was out for the next few hours, so I took care of customers and some cleaning - trash gathering, etc.  Then about noon I started on the computer.  I waited until Ron was back and let him install the disc that was complete through June.  It computer program had a lot of questions that I am glad he was dealing with instead of me.  That worked well and now that I have found July, he can get it installed tomorrow.

Green Jay
I left the office just after 3:00 to pick up Mom for an appointment with a Doctor of Physical Therapy.  His office is, I will just say, interesting.  He has a large staff in a tiny area and the nicest man worked with Mom first on gathering information and checking the CDs my sister had gotten showing the original injury to Mom's back.  Later in talking to him, it turns out he was a doctor (a surgeon) in the Philippines and is now a Nurse Practitioner here in the states.  I am sorry he isn't a doctor.  He was so kind, patient, and helpful.
Green Jay
Eventually the doctor came in, but was distracted by many other things going on and was in and out for 30 minutes before deciding he did not have all the information he needed.  It was easy to start getting impatient, but I reminded myself and Mom that they worked her in the first day following her doctor's call for the appointment, and we were the end of his day.  He did give her a steroid injection into one particularly painful spot in her hip and set her up for physical therapy and some additional tests over the next few weeks.  He will probably need another MRI but the doctor's staff was going to check with the hospital in Grapevine today to see if they have what he needs.  He is good at what he does, but had a lot going on yesterday.
Most everyone was helping - a few were snitching a snack
It was after 6:00 when we got out of there and a cold front was arriving as we left.  The winds had picked up but the temperature had not yet dropped too much.  We went to Mom's house and picked up Carmen and then went to pick up some hot French bread and joined Jeff and Barb's family for supper.  Barb had made soup and it was a good night for a hot soup.  It is Cheeseburger Soup.  It was good and we enjoyed it, but their children are not big fans of potatoes and the soup had some, so the vote with the kids was a split decision.  One of the girls who can be a picky eater, loved it.  One who loves most anything, was not at all pleased.
Helping with salad fixings
It was 10:00 when I got home after taking Mom and Carmen back to Mom's house.  I am sure Mom was tired.  I had excused myself from the table after supper and did the dishes.  The chatter at the table, combined with my tooth ache had become a little too much.  One of my granddaughters joined me and we had a nice visit.  I love the one on one time with the grandchildren.
Sweet kitchen helpers
Hearing Mom's (or my) doctors is always a challenge.  Why do doctors speak so softly - especially to older people?  Not all older people are hard of hearing, but many are.  This doctor finally rolled his chair right in front of us to speak.  That helped.  

No comments:

Post a Comment