Sunday, January 11, 2015

January 9, 2015

Friday's Computer Success
January 9, 2015



My day started with a little time in the yard where I spotted a Green Kingfisher in our backyard.  He quickly flew across the resaca, and the only photo I got is blurry, but I am posting it here anyway.  I first spotted him as he dove into the water for his breakfast.  I filled the feeders knowing the  birds needed it due to the cold and that the grandchildren would love watching them. 

Green Kingfisher
Thank goodness it is Friday and I have finally gotten all the missing invoices and receipts posted.  I spent much of my day at the office posting all of the invoices and receipts from August, September, October, November, and December 2014.  It may also be the only time I have been thankful that business had been slow.  There were not as many invoices to post as there would have been in years past.  I was able to finally print the statements for our customers and get them in the mail (thankfully Ron folded them, put them in the envelopes, stamped and sealed them and took them to the post office.  By that point it was past closing time and I needed to go pick up our grandchildren for the weekend. 

Our oldest grandson had been at the office for a while but not too long.  He had taken my mom for her Physical Therapy appointment and to get her hair done and on a couple of other errands.  I really needed that time at the office and it was a very cold, wet, yucky day, so it was rather quiet at the office.  Ron had expected to be out of the office on a job, but the part he had ordered did not arrive as promised, so he could not go. 
The girls love to build with the blocks.
From the shop, I went to our son's home and traded vehicles with our daughter-in-law since hers had the necessary car seats.  The children had already loaded the van with what they thought they would need for the weekend and after a few instructions, we headed to our house with just a quick stop to get milk and bread.  I had a precious load of 7 grandchildren ranging in age from 3 to 16 years old.  They love to go to Grandma and Grandpa's house.  The youngest boy asks me almost every Sunday if he can come to our house, but he was still a little sad to be leaving his mom for the weekend. 
She was showing off where she busted her chin a day or two ago.
Due to a variety of circumstances, I had not been able to get the shopping done that I normally would have done for a weekend with the kids, so meal planning was not done in advance.  Supper was sandwiches and chips and a couple of the children helped me prepare the grilled cheese sandwiches and later to prepare Rice Krispie Treats.  Our youngest grandson helped with the sandwiches and the girls helped with the treats.
Kitchen helper
This posting is late due to all the above mentioned activities.  The children staying on this particular weekend was probably a plan from God.  The tooth I am to have pulled on Monday is hurting - a lot.  I have been too distracted most of the time to think about it.  The cold and the rain have kept the children inside way too much for these youngsters who love to be outside.  They were getting "cabin fever" at home from being indoors so much and at our house there are lots of toys that they don't get to play with too often.

No comments:

Post a Comment