Wednesday, January 14, 2015

January 13, 2015

Computer Bookkeeping Continues
January 13, 2015

Green Jay

I got to the office a little earlier than usual and took care of paying some bills and finding the things I needed to be able to do the necessary posting to get my computer back to where it was before the crash.  Of course this is a new computer, so I was entering the data into it for the first time.  What I still needed to do was the check book entries for August - December 2014.

My brain had not really dealt with what all that would involve.  I was thinking: Enter checks.  Then it dawned on me:  Enter deposits with their complete breakdowns as to amounts for merchandise and labor and which were taxable and which were exempt and the total tax amount.  Then it included cash payments across the counter, credit card amounts, and checks that come in the mail.  Besides that I had to balance all of those monthly statements.  Of course they had been balanced before so if there were any little problems, they had been corrected.  It all just took time and focus.  I had 3 of the 5 months done by the time the refrigerator repairman called that he was ready to go to our house.

I met him at the house and ate lunch (at 3:00) while I waited for him to do his magic.  I finished the puzzle while I waited and then when he was done (a warranty job), I returned to the office even though it was 4:00.  Normally I would have called and told Ron I wouldn't be back, but I wanted to keep going on the computer while I was making good progress.  While I waited on the repairman, after finishing the puzzle, I watched the activity at the bird feeders and enjoyed the Green Jays coming in and out of the area.

Entering the check amounts again reminded me why we changed companies to use for the credit cards we accept from customers.  Their rates were much higher and they have charged a lot of fees for canceling, but it needed to be done.  Ron is going to have to contact them again about some overcharges.

By closing time, I was through November and am only left with December to do today!  Yea!  I cleaned up my mess and went by Mom's to see how she was doing.  She has been going through stacks of papers that had been saved for assorted reasons and I know those are the hard jobs.  We visited for a while and then I came home and had some soup for supper - the last of the soup the grandchildren helped me make this weekend. 

The tooth extraction has gone smoothly.  It is just slightly swollen and slightly sore.  I go back next Monday for a check up.  I am still on the antibiotic and am only taking over the counter meds for the mild discomfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment