Friday, January 16, 2015

January 16, 2015

Wonderful Start to My Day
January 16, 2015


Lately I have been going to sleep earlier than in the past and consequently, I am waking up earlier.  I think God is trying to get me back to going to the gym, and I truly hope to do that soon.  Today it was 5:00 when I woke up and decided to get up.  I did a little work in the kitchen while I fixed my breakfast and then ate while I worked at the computer.  I noticed a little later what appeared to be a gorgeous sunrise.  From my sewing room, I can't see much of the sunrise or sunset.  If the colors are vivid, I can tell I should go check it out.


I quickly dressed and grabbed my camera.  It was well worth the effort.  Not only was the sunrise vivid, but the birds were waking up and flying around the area.  Several of the photos I will post have bird silhouettes in them.  Most of the birds are Cormorants.  They spend the night in tress at the back of our property and several other homes in the area.

Every few seconds the scene changed and I took several shots before going to the back yard to try to get some photos of the Cormorants.  I got a few but none were great.  It was still not light enough to get good photos, especially the ones across the resacea.

After I returned to the house, I started getting ready for work.  There were several chores I wanted to get done first so I did a few and started a load of clothes.

At the office, I checked on the DVD writer Ron had installed this morning.  It seems to be working fine.  This afternoon with the help of a couple grandsons, I started trying to load an MP3 player to see if it works with my Cochlear implant.  I will let you know as time goes on how I like it.


The resaca was so still and placid this morning, it all just came together to give me a good start to the day. I loved the reflections in the water.

At the office, I kept busy.  A couple from our Sunday School class came by to visit.  They had brought something to Ron.  Around lunchtime our oldest grandson showed up and got a few things done before he and his brother (who arrived about 1:00), left to go work on electronics with a man from our church.  The boys did help me with the MP3 player.


After work we went by Mom's house.  Ron worked on her locks and then we all went to supper at Luby's and had a good visit.  Once back at Mom's, Ron left to go check on his mom and go back to pick up something he left at the office.  I stayed and helped Mom on her computer for a while.  Carmen had gone to her church this evening.  I have been doing laundry since I got home. 

Recently I had noticed that I seemed to be hearing things I had not been hearing previously and then it dawned on me that I may just be able now to discern what the sounds are and that they are not just "noise".  This morning it was quiet and a customer came in and she and Ron were talking.  I could hear them from my office, and normally I don't.  Maybe before I just heard noise.  I am curious about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment