Monday, January 26, 2015

January 26, 2015

A Lovely Day From Start To Finish
January 26, 2015



This morning I only hit the snooze alarm a couple of times before getting up.  For some reason, I felt relaxed, but still got a lot done before going to the office.  When I went out to fill the ponds and feeders, I could not believe what a beautiful morning it was.  It was calm and comfortable.  I would love to have spent the morning working in the yard, but I needed to go to work. 


Hibiscus plants were blooming everywhere.  The blooms are a little small after the cold weather the last few weeks, but the colors seem deeper. 

Several ducks were out in the water creating lovely patterns in the wakes they left as the swam along.
This Muscovy duck was hoping I had food for him.  He was in a hurry to find out.  The answer was, "No."

At the office I worked on some bookkeeping chores: paying some bills, etc.  Ron had called the A/C repairman to check the unit - the compressor would not shut off.  He said he got it fixed and I am glad since I was getting too warm.  After lunch I left to mail some items and did it at the downtown post office for a change.  They were not busy when I got there but by the time I left there was a long line.  If you grew up here, it is so different from what you would remember.  It might look about the same, but they close from 12-1.  Thankfully I had waited until a little later to go.

From there I went to P.U.B. to pay the shop bill and then to an appointment at our General Practitioner's office.  I had missed an appointment by accident on the day I had my tooth pulled.  They were very kind and understanding about it.  This was just for a medication check and refills.  I saw the Physician's Assistant and Ron and I both like her.  She is a good listener.

From the doctor's office I went to our son's home.  The children had left a couple of items at our house and I delivered them.  My daughter-in-law and I visited while most of the children played outside in the beautiful sunshine.  Ron and I were so impressed yesterday with the youngest grandson's math abilities, it is hard to believe he is only in Kindergarten.  I think she had a day like some of mine last week and was glad to have someone come visit. 

It was time for the shop to close by the time I left there so I called Ron to tell him I would meet him at home.  I stopped to buy some small pumps for the fountains and waterfalls.  A few of them need to be replaced.  As I was leaving the parking lot the clouds caught my attention and I pulled over to take some photographs. 

It was tempting to stay for the sunset, but I knew Ron would appreciate some supper, so I picked up fresh, warm tortillas and came home to make tacos for supper.  That is one of Ron's favorite meals and he was delighted to see what he was getting for supper.


Our son David called while I fixed supper so Ron chatted as I cooked.  We had a relaxed supper with a lot of quiet conversation - a real change from 24 hours earlier with the two talkative grandchildren.
Watching the jets flying high above was interesting.  The weather made them more visible and it is hard to imagine all the air-traffic that passes over our area.

No comments:

Post a Comment