Thursday, January 22, 2015

January 22, 2015

It Is Cold and Wet Again!
January 22, 2015


The sparrows at Mom's are plump and well fed.
You probably didn't even know it got warm and dry for a day or two, but  it did; and now we are not only back to wet and cold, but also windy.  Brrr...   It makes me shiver to think about it.  Normally I am the warmest one in the room and I want it cooler while Ron wants it warmer.  This morning was a lovely morning and I had to leave early for the office.  Before long it was raining again.  Then the wind picked up and by the time we headed home tonight after supper with friends, it was cold!
White Ibis
The reason I had to go to the office early was that Ron had an appointment promised so as soon as I arrived, he packed up his tools to leave.  He was out on jobs for the next several hours.  While he was gone I worked for a few minutes trying to print out some photos unsuccessfully.  It was time for a break!  So I refilled many hooks of merchandise and cleaned in between waiting on customers.

After Ron returned to the office we spent time deciding what we would do about our upcoming state convention where we can get some of our necessary continuing education hours.  We could get them all for the next two years in two days in Dallas next month or at assorted trade shows over the next year.  We finally decided on Dallas.  Having a son and new daughter-in-law there is a good reason, but also there are some classes I would actually like to take as opposed to some really boring, useless ones I have taken in the past.

Then I left to come by the house to pick up my Kindle to have while I waited for my appointment at the orthopedic surgeon's office.  The toe I broke in October is still sore, swollen, and discolored.  I had seen the orthopedic surgeon about it two months ago, but felt little change in that time.  I was quickly called in and seen by Dr. Olson (the one who did my elbow surgeries).  After an exam and additional x-rays, he says it is healing very well and will just need time.  That was actually very good news.  I hate that it will still take time for the pain and swelling to be gone, but I am delighted that the x-ray shows that all is well.
 
White Ibises watching me
On the way back to the office, I stopped by Mom's house and returned her handicapped tag that she has been leaving in my car since I normally transport her various places.  My brother is to arrive this evening and they will be wanting to use it while he is here.  We chatted a bit and then I returned to the office by way of the resaca close to her house.  Naturally I had to stop for photos and that is where today's photos of the group of White Ibises were taken.


After work we met our friends the Lawlers for supper.  We had not been able to get together since before Christmas and had a lot of catching up to do!  It was so nice to have a relaxing evening with good friends.  Once I got home, I did yesterday's blog, talked to our son and daughter-in-law in New Mexico, and did some hand sewing.

While talking to our daughter-in-law, somehow I accidentally dialed my sister's house.  She was concerned that I was calling about Mom, since I never call her.  Sorry I worried her.  I did let her know Mom is making good progress.

Look at his toes!
Some of you who have been reading this blog for a long time may remember my cousin who took a bicycle trip across American in the summer of 2013.  Currently she and her sister are biking across Costa Rica.  They are about 1/2 way through their adventure.  Amazing photos, exciting times!  I am reminded though of the answer I often give when people ask if I am a "birder".  I tell them I enjoy the birds I can see and photograph without heat and bugs.  My cousins are in a tropical rain forest and I think they are having some heat and bugs!

I forgot to mention that I actually placed the call a couple of days ago to ask for an appointment about my toe.  I did fairly well in the beginning, but when the receptionist began to make the appointment, I had to hand the phone to Ron since I couldn't understand her.  Little by little, I am trying to use the phone more.  It just leaves me mentally exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment