Wednesday, January 14, 2015

January 14, 2015

Where in the World is Nepal?
January 14, 2015



Actually, I was very close in my guess about where Nepal is located.  Do you wonder why I care?  Nepal became the 80th country to have someone who viewed this blog!  The blog is currently at over 40,000 page views from 80 countries.  I need a good world map so that I can pinpoint all of them.  When I looked up Nepal, it seems that they are a fairly small country with 8 of the world's 10 highest peaks, including Mount Everest.  I read a book about a year ago about a missionary doctor who served in that area and found the book fascinating.

Currently I am reading a book about another missionary.  This one lives in Dallas, Texas, but travels all over the world telling people that God loves them.  She is only 5 feet tall and originally from the Philippines, but she has a huge heart for the homeless and those living in poverty.  I think I have mentioned the book before in this blog, and I highly recommend it.  It is not very long, but it is the story of an amazing lady, totally committed to obeying the Lord.  Her sister and brother-in-law are members of our church and are also an amazing couple who love the Lord and travel to the ends of the earth to share God's love with others.  The book is 31 Days of Mountaintop Miracles by Susie Jennings and if you are interested, it can be found on Amazon.


Today turned out very different than I thought it would.  My plans went out the window, but it was a good day - if you don't count the weather.  Global warming???  What is that?  We haven't seen it recently.  There was a posting tonight on Facebook from the National Weather Service showing the temperatures in the Rio Grande Valley so far this year.  Wow!  Wonder what our electric bills will be this month.  Last month they were a real treat.


Most of the day has been misty, cold, and a little windy.  As I passed several resacas, I enjoyed seeing a variety of birds, but I doubted my ability to get good photos with the weather the way it is.

But, back to my day...early this morning I got a text from our son saying our grandson could not take Mom to her Physical Therapy because he was sick with a cough and congestion like his mother was (our daughter-in-law).  So I picked up Mom at 9:00 and just before I got to her house, I realized I had left home without my Cochlear sound processor.  No wonder the drive was so peaceful.  I took Mom to the therapist and came home for my sound processor and then went to the drug store.  I had told Mom I was going to the drug store so she gave me a little list of things she needed.  While I was wandering through there, I got a call from her saying it was going to be a long time before she was finished.  As I continued meandering through the store I found a small batch of Christmas sale items.  There were rolls of wrapping paper for 29 cents an adorable little stuffed toy snowman for 29 cents (the one at the top of the page) and a variety of other things at 70% to 90% off (my kind of sale). 

As I was leaving the store, Mom called that she was finished at Physical Therapy.  I took her to pick up lunch for her and for Carmen and then took her home.  Before going to work, I got lunch for me and took it to the office.  As I finished eating Ron left on a couple of jobs and was gone for a  2-3 hours.  I did not get the checkbook posting done that I was planning to do.  I just was not focused enough to try.  I waited on customers and did a little cleaning on my desk.

After closing I went by Mom's to check on her.  Her housekeeper may be leaving to go care for her own mother next week.  We should know more in the next day or two.  It was 7:15 when I got home and just had a little supper.  Our daughter-in-law texted to say our son came home sick.  It is time to air out all the houses!  His ailment actually seems to be something he ate. 

Last night I failed to show a photo of my finished puzzle, so here it is.  Good challenge.


No comments:

Post a Comment