Sunday, February 1, 2015

February 1, 2015

Super Bowl Sunday
February 1, 2015




The day started with a super sunrise and just continued to be a wonderful day.  The most super bowl at my house today was a super bowl of broccoli soup for lunch.  The game was on and the game was good, but I watched very little of it.  I ended up napping most of the first half and a little before it started.

This morning I was up early and did a little work in the sewing room, clearing the design walls to get ready for projects that Tiny and I hope to work on this week.  I am not sure how much we will get done.  We have not turned on either of the machines yet.  We are still catching up on visiting.

We went to Sunday School and church.  We had a good bunch in class, with several Winter Texan friends in attendance.  My friend Tiny had been in the class for many years while she and her husband lived here and everyone was so glad to see her. 

Mom was not quite ready when I arrived to pick her up for church and that was just as well because it gave me time to remember that I had a sack of groceries in the car for her.  She and I got to church in plenty of time and visited with several people.

One of the couples I visited with are Winter Texans and I am so sorry to hear they may have to leave and go home.  The reason has nothing to do with problems back home, but with the problem of finding a doctor here to meet the wife's specific medical needs.  I am saddened to know that doctors are not willing to take on the hard cases.  She takes a medication that helps her problem, but to continue it, she must see the doctor once a month.  None of them here are willing to take her on and continue that medication.  This is a time in life when they are free to travel, but are now being tied down to staying close to home and their doctor.

The church service was good and it was good again to see so many who were eager to visit with my friend.  She and her husband were very active in the church before he retired and they moved away.  Then he passed away a couple of years ago and they are both missed in the church.  Two of our grandchildren were in church sitting with me.  It is always a blessing to sit with them and I  will miss them so much when the time comes for them to move.  We still don't know when that time will be, but when ever it is, it is going to be hard.

After church we came home and made broccoli soup for lunch and it was delicious!  We all enjoyed it with some crescent rolls.  We had some good visiting around the table.  A while after lunch, Tiny and I both decided we could use naps.  She went off to the guest room for a short nap and I curled up in the recliner for what turned into a 3 hour nap.  Ugh!  I hate it when I sleep that long.

As I woke, I could see Tiny was enjoying the Super Bowl on TV and after a bit, she was ready to make a sandwich for her supper.  I decided to go to Walgreen's for milk and bread and came back to find Ron and Tiny watching the Super Bowl together and enjoying a good game.  I made my sandwich and joined them. 

All in all, it was a relaxing day.  Tiny and I visited until late in the evening and still aren't caught up.  It will take more time.  I am glad she will be for a while.  Isn't it great to have friends where you can pick up where you left off in the conversations?  Tiny is soft spoken, so it is hard to hear her and she has had to repeat a lot of things.  Thankfully, she is willing to do that over and over.

No comments:

Post a Comment