Wednesday, January 7, 2015

January 6, 2015


Where Are My QuickBooks Files?
January 6, 2015



This is my continuing saga of The Crash of My Computer!  I have just about reached my limit on the technology problems.  Carbonite restored lots of files, but in the accounting program, last year's information is not in the restored portion. That is a real problem.  I did find a back up for June and will download that, but hate to think of re-entering lots of information!  In the meantime, I can't send out bills for this month.  I need some uninterrupted time to focus on that.

I was just at the office about an hour this morning before going to take my mom to see her doctor.  I must say that I can't remember a visit for her or myself going more smoothly.  We arrived to a packed parking lot and full waiting room, but she was quickly called in and only waited about 5 minutes before the doctor came in.  He spent almost an hour with her, going over medications, suggestions on activities, and things like that.  He clearly is not giving up on her, but trying to help her get more consistent on the medications and safety in her movements.  He was pleased that she has someone staying with her and we are so thankful for Carmen's help.

From there we went to the bank so Mom could take care of some things and then picked up lunch before I took her home and returned to the office.  I spent the afternoon on the computer except for a trip to her pharmacy to take the prescriptions the doctor had given her.  It turned out that they did not have the one that she needed right away, but did have the others that were just refills that weren't needed right away.  So I went to another pharmacy with the one she needed right away and left it there.
Back at the office I was back on the computer trying to get the mess sorted out.  I left early to go pick up the prescription from the second pharmacy and took it to Mom.  She had a bad headache and didn't think she would make it to the quilt group meeting at my house (and she didn't).  

 Snowy Egret

As I came home to get the house ready for the group the sunset was beautiful.  I just had to stop and take some photos.  Poor Mom had to listen to me the whole time she was with me as I commented over and over what a beautiful day it was.  The air was so crisp and clean.  There was very little wind, so there was no blowing dust - a frequent problem here.  I said it looked like a perfect fall day.  I know it is winter, but our weather has been a little confused here this year.  We had a very cold snap in October and then weather so warm that the plants think it is spring.  They will have a rude awakening tonight when it is very windy and in the upper 30s.

 
Black-Bellied Whistling Duck
At home, I took a few bird photos in the back yard and then ate a little bit of supper before the quilt group arrived.  We didn't have the full group but it was a nice, relaxing evening with friends that were here.  One of them wanted to see how the infinity scarfs are made that I was making in Santa's workshop, so I ended up making three while we were together.  I have missed time with these ladies.  It was a good evening.

My tooth was bothering me a lot by the end of the evening and I took some pain medication.  I need to get by the dentist's office and see what I need to do.  They are going to pull it next week, but I don't want to put up with this pain for a week.

I was able to talk to our daughter-in-law for a bit.  She is getting a speaking engagement lined up and is so excited to see the doors that God is opening for her.  This opportunity is in Albuquerque where they live and will be helpful to have her strong supporter in town (her husband).  He is so encouraging to her desire to move into this ministry.  They are a strong team together.
Our daughter-in-law here in town sent a message asking if we could keep the kids for a weekend.  Yes!  There is just never enough time with them.  We all dread the time that they will be moving, but God is giving us a long period to adjust to the idea as they are still house hunting.  I think my son is about to settle for anything to be able to spend more time with his family and not on the road.  I am already coming up with a long list of activities for a Weekend at Grandma and Grandpa's House.

2 comments:

  1. O m'gosh! Can't imagine at the end of the year finding out part of your accounting is missing!!! Doing taxes today and my head is spinning over just my personal books!!!
    In addition to Carbonite--you might invest in a 32 or 64 gig flash drive to back up your books. I keep my personal books backed up on two separate ones to be sure I don't lose anything. So good to hear Betty is getting better--looking forward to visiting with her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The things for taxes are in the accountant's files, but I still need to do a lot of posting. I found the July back up, so at this point it looks like I may have to post Aug. - Dec. Normally I do a CD back up each month, but I had not done the November one yet when the computer crashed. So I was going to have to do Nov. and Dec. anyway.

      Delete