Tuesday, January 20, 2015

January 20, 2015

Tuesday Night Quilt Group
January 20, 2015

A few nights ago, my sister Janet dropped me a note asking if I knew what a rag quilt was and had I made one, or did I know how to make one.  Yes, yes, and yes.  I had made one for one of our sons years ago and I think it is still the one he most enjoys.  He takes it on trips, etc.  I had also made some for the grandchildren.   I did not have a photo at home of those quilts so I started a small demo session and sent her photos as I went along.  I was having fun.  My mom has really been pushing me to finish some of my "in progress" projects, but I am currently having fun with this one.  This quilt has Christmas prints on the front and assorted neutrals on the back.  I now have 3 rows made.  It will probably need about 20 rows.
Since this was the night for our quilt group to meet.  I did a little picking up in the sewing room this morning before going to the office.  I had slept later than I had intended.  It was a pretty day and I would have loved to spend it working in the yard.


At the office I needed to do some paper work, but the way the computer tech had set up the new unit, I didn't have the space I  needed for some projects so I asked Ron if I could move the unit (a small black box instead of the previous tower which was inside a cabinet).  I showed him where I wanted it and he said that was fine; but, one cord would not reach.  He ended up climbing under my desk and working for a while to make it work out as I wanted.  Then most items on the desk needed to be re-arranged.


The rest of my morning was spent on the desk and wires around the computer.  This will work out better, but I still hope Ron will get it moved into the cabinet some day - that will take a little more work.  He seemed to spend much of his day on the phone and that meant I spent more time with customers.  I exchanged messages with one daughter-in-law and read the many nice comments on yesterday's blog.

My friend Patty with a delightful new project.  
She loves small scraps.  She does beautiful things with them.
After lunch I started work on those Christmas cards that never got in the mail, but had constant interruptions and only got about 4 done.  Maybe I should at least buy Valentine's Day stamps to go on them.
Patty with another of her pretty projects.

I left the office a little early to come home and get my supper and get ready for quilting.  We were celebrating the birthday of one of the ladies tonight, Dolores.  The group was small tonight, but we had a lot of laughs and good times visiting and sewing.  One of the ladies, Patty finishes so many projects!  She brought two finished ones to share tonight and I loved them both but the one in green in gold, still in progress that she brought to work on tonight is my favorite of any she has done recently.  The colors just seem perfect to me. Patty and I both love scrap quilts and I always am inspired by her excellent work. 
Patty makes fun quilts.  They just radiate sunshine and smiles. 
 What an inspiration she is to the rest of us.

During the quilt group meeting, I could hear them fairly well, but still can't tell where a voice is coming from.  Two of the ladies are somewhat soft spoken and I would have to look up from my work to figure out which one was speaking. 

3 comments:

  1. Tell Patty she inspires me to get out my scraps and start cutting! Hope the group can meet while I'm there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, she does great work. We will try to meet twice while you are here! And you can go to the Friday group if you want. Consider yourself on a quilt retreat!

      Delete