Wednesday, April 27, 2016

April 27, 2016

The Best Laid Plans...
April 27, 2016


Finally took time to sew at the office today.
 
This morning Ron needed to go to the doctor's office for blood work.  He got ready early and was hurrying to get there before they got crowded.  Then, about 1/2 way there, his car died.  It just stopped and was not going anywhere.  He called AAA to come tow it to our mechanic's shop.  I was on my way to the office to open up since I knew he would be late since he was going to the doctor.  After they towed it, they dropped him at our office and he borrowed my car to go to the doctor's office.  It was after 11:00 before he returned. 

Customers kept me busy all morning and then I let Ron take care of them while I ate my lunch.  After lunch, Ron left on a job and I actually did a little sewing.  I was trying out an old traditional pattern that I had not made before.  It is all curves, so it is a challenge, but I may try to do something with it.
I did not do a very good job on the curves, so I will 
need practice.  Think I want the squares to be larger also.
 
Toward the end of the day, I took a deposit to the bank and then took Ron to see if his car was ready.  It was not but the man said 30 minutes, so I took him back to the office and went to see my mom.  She was doing well and we had a good visit.  I came home and on my way, our youngest son called to chat.  They had a water mess at their store today.  A toilet tank had cracked and water had created a soggy mess that he found when he opened up this morning.  I told him he was well trained for that job since he often helped with rising water at our office.

At home, I checked on things in the yard and about that time, Ron called to say his car would not be ready so I returned to the office to get him.  We had a relaxing evening.  I read, did laundry and dishes and started packing.  I will be going to McAllen to take care of 5 of the grandchildren this weekend.  Fun times ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment