Monday, April 11, 2016

April 10, 2016

What A Wonderful Sunday 
School Class We Have
April 10, 2016


The back yard has been filled with red-winged blackbirds this week.

Most of the members in our Sunday School class have been together for MANY years.  We have watched each others' children grow up, get married, and have children of their own.  We have seen several of them lose a spouse.  We have laughed together and cried together.  We have helped out each other in times of need. 

Yesterday the young woman who had just the afternoon before laid her husband to rest, was in class.  Everyone went out of their way to make her feel welcome.  She is younger than most in the class, but we don't care.  We will be glad to help her in any way we can.  Maybe later she will want to go to another class, but for now, she is content in our class.

We really love this bunch of people.  There is a core group of around 20 - 25 who are there most Sundays.  We try to keep track of what is going on with those who are absent.  We laugh a lot.  We share heartaches.  We try to meet the needs in the group.  I love these friends.

After class I stayed for a bit to visit with a few members in the class.  Then I joined Mom and my two sisters in church for a good message on baptism.  I am really having trouble with some of the medications I am on; they make me so sleepy that if I sit still, I go to sleep.  It happens in church, at home in the recliner, at work at my desk.  I know I could not make a long drive alone at this point.  It is so frustrating.  The doctor keeps saying it will get better.  It isn't.

Ron and I came home to eat leftovers for lunch and each took naps after lunch.  His was short.  Mine was long.  We each worked in the yard following our naps.  I planted zinnia seeds and he transplanted  plants.   We both worked until dark and ate snacks for supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment