Saturday, April 2, 2016

April 1 & 2, 2016

The End of the Week
The Start of a New Month
April 1 & 2, 2016

Sometimes I feel like a broken or scratched record that plays the same thing over and over.  It it the start of a new month and that means I will be busy with accounting things.  It seems that my office computer works well until the start of a new month - when I need to send out statements to our customers.  Recently I have had a couple of little problems with the computer but Friday it decided to play an April Fool's joke on me.  At least I hope that is what it is and that Monday it will be fine (but I doubt it).

Ron was out of the office for several hours Friday and I was busy all morning, but the afternoon was very quiet.  If my computer had been working, I could have gotten everything done that I needed to do.  I did go to the bank late in the afternoon before we met our friends for supper at Carl's Jr. Hamburger place.  It was not very noisy and we had a nice visit with our friends.

Saturday morning I slept until 9:00 and then got up, had breakfast, and went out to work in the yard.  I was enlarging a flower bed.  I dug up about 1/2 of the area I wanted and then loosened the dirt in another bed that was already done, but had gotten hard.  Next I mowed the back yard and part of the section out by the water before I took a break and came in the house to relax.  I had spent 3 hours out there working and then went out for another 30 minutes or so before coming in to read for a bit.
 If you will look at the top half of the photo, it is almost solid
 with red-winged blackbirds in flight when something startled them.

I called Mom and told her I would pick her up at 4:30 to go get groceries.  Before I went, I finished the area out by the water so I could put the mower away.  Ron was working  in the yard taking out some bushes and trees.  Mom and I went to Wal-Mart and each got groceries and I get a few things for the yard - sprinklers and some zinnia seeds. 

It was 7:15 when I got home and unloaded my groceries.  I put away the cold things and then went back to working in the yard.  I finished enlarging the flower bed as well as a few more chores.  The yard is looking nice.

When I got it the house to stay, I put a ham in the oven and cooked some sweet potatoes and stripped the bed and sorted laundry.  Ron had done some laundry while I was gone.  He doesn't cook but he does do laundry. 


  1. I spent Saturday a a baseball game and a volleyball tournament. The tournament was in Round Rock. Austin traffic was so bad we nearly wrecked three times on the way. I was exhausted by the time we got there! Caitlyn played very well but Then we didn't get back home til midnight. Think I'll skip the final rounds today an stay home with Drake and Amanda; do some sewing and relax. Your post sounds like your headache is better. Sure hope so.

    1. Yes, that headache that was different from the usual is gone. The usual one is there and I will start a new medication for it next week. I didn't want to start two new meds at the same time. Your day sounds too exhausting. Good choice to spend today at home.