Friday, April 22, 2016

April 20, 2016

It Was a Very Good Day
April 20, 2016


Male Painted Bunting just outside my sewing room window.

The day started out wonderfully!  What better way (well maybe seeing the kids and the grandchildren would be better) to start my day than to spot a cute little male Painted Bunting.  I thought I had seen one on Monday, but did not get a good look - only a flash of red as he flew from the feeder to the tree.  Today, I was about to leave for the office and spotted his colors in the grass.  He saw me but did not fly away.
An amazingly beautiful bird
 
Before leaving for the office, I spent about 10 minutes taking photos of the painted bunting.  It has to be one of my favorite birds.  He is small and colorful.  I was funny, I had some other photos on the disc in my camera and when I downloaded them, they were by the painted bunting pictures.  I decided I should call this quilt "The Painted Bunting".
My newly maned quilt: The Painted Bunting
 
Ron was out of the office for a couple of hours in the middle of the day.  I got some cleaning done while he was gone.  Late in the afternoon I paid bills  and did some other paper work. 
Do you see how little this bird is? 
He was eating grass seeds.

After work, Ron went to check on his mom and I went to get milk and bread.  When we got home, we both spent time in the yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment