Saturday, April 23, 2016

April 21, 2016

Early to Rise
April 21, 2016


 Ron out flying with a friend

Ron is so good about getting me up at the time I request.  He sometimes just gets me up and goes back to sleep, but that is fine.  The reason for me getting up early Thursday was that he had an opportunity to go flying with a friend.  Ron took up flying many years ago and got his license as a private pilot and it wasn't long after that, that he became an instructor.  He just has not had the time and money in recent years to keep up with his love of flying.
Our church is about the center of this photo. 
 Note how green Brownsville is! 
 
His friend had called to see if he would like to go flying for a while and of course I told him that would be great.  All he would have to do would be to get me up early so I could open the office.  I got there before opening time and got things ready.  It is normally not busy early in the mornings, but I had a few customers in.  While Ron was out I did a little cleaning and had a good morning.  Ron had a good time flying.  His friend let him do the flying and that is always a treat for him. 
Start of Space X development
 
They flew over the area where Space X is beginning to prepare the property for their construction of a launch site not too far from our city.  They flew over our church and he was able to get some photos showing new construction of Phase I of the gym project.  They flew out over the beach area and the ship channel before flying over the city.  They just had a great time as you can tell by Ron's smile. 
Our church property - First Baptist Church Brownsville
 
The afternoon seemed to go slow.  I told Ron that the day at the office was way too long when it started at 8:30.  He just laughed, since he does it all the time.   We met our friends at Texas Roadhouse for supper and conversation.  It is something we look forward to each week, time with our friends.  We catch up on what has gone on in each others' lives since our last visit.  It is amazing that we never run out of things to talk about.
First Baptist Church, Brownsville
 
I used the Cochlear mini mic during supper.  It worked well after a bad start.  I don't know what happened, but at first it was just loud static, but after turning it off and then back on, it was fine.  It does take a little time to get it set up each time, but it is a good help.

No comments:

Post a Comment