Saturday, January 9, 2016

January 8, 2016

Foggy Morning
January 8, 2016



The morning was a continuation of the foggy conditions from the night before.  By around 10:00, the fog had burned off and it was a nice day.  Like the previous day, the morning at the office was very busy, but the afternoon was very slow.  I spent time finishing the monthly report after the mail came with the bank statement.

After balancing the checkbook, which went very smoothly, I gathered the assorted papers to send to the accountant.  Thankfully the one paper I was waiting for arrived during the afternoon.  One customer had forgotten to bring the paper a few weeks ago and I needed it to finish the report.

Getting those things done always makes me feel better.  I spent time locating a couple of missing papers and finally located all of them.  I had printed out receipts yesterday and took time this morning to cut them to the proper size this morning - well, about 1/3 of them.  I had printed about 1 1/2 reams of papers, so it will take a bit of time to cut them.

We were to meet our friends for supper at a place we had often gone to a few years ago.  I arrived first to find the owner working on the parking lot.  He said they had a broken water pipe so they were closed.  We called our friends and agreed to meet instead at the place we have been eating the last few months. 

The restaurant was almost deserted when we arrived, but they had two television sets on and the noise from them and the air conditioning, made hearing difficult.  I used the Cochlear mini microphone with my friend, but it seemed to cut out sometimes.  It may have just been all the other noise.  It was frustrating to not have the same results I had gotten earlier with the wireless mic. 

Once we got home, I read for a while before going to bed a little earlier than usual.  I had wanted to try some quilt patterns I had downloaded this afternoon, but was too tired.  Maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment