Tuesday, January 19, 2016

January 19, 2016

A Productive Day at the Office
January 19, 2016


*Playing with arrangement of small 
half-square triangles to for different patterns
 
Are you remembering to write 2016 every time?  It seems for some reason this year has been easier.  Maybe I just don't catch my mistakes.  I went to the office mid-morning and after a bit, left to run two  errands.

A couple of months ago my doctor ordered a nebulizer for me to use to help my breathing.  At the time, I was still having some coughing from my bronchitis earlier in the fall.  They had to see if Medicare would approve the machine.  I had checked a couple of times at the medical supply place and they had no order for it.

I had forgotten all about it and last week they called to say they had the order for the nebulizer and that I needed to come pick it up.  I went and they were out of them.  They ordered one and I picked it up today.  From there I went to the pharmacy and they had the medication ready for me to use in the nebulizer.  When I read the instructions it was for 3 times a day for 10 days.  That means it was just for that nagging cough that was hanging on that has been gone for weeks now.  Here was a treatment the doctor thought I needed and it took 2 months to get it.  What a great system - NO, not a great system.

Thankfully I had gotten well in the meantime and now I have the machine on hand for next time I need it.  All of that took over an hour even though both places were close to my office. 

During the afternoon I worked on files.  I started packing away some of my medical files from last year and filed some of the shop's paperwork.  I need to get manila envelopes to store the things in and I will try to go to the office supply store in the morning on my way to the office.

After work, I stopped by the grocery store on my way home and picked up some things for supper.  I had it all just about ready when Ron got home.  We enjoyed our supper together and then I spent some time reading.  I gathered a few Christmas decorations from all over the house, and put them in the living room which is where I will pack all of them away.  I packed up the village and Ron got all the ornament storage boxes down.  This is going to be a big job!

During the evening I exchanged a few texts with one of our sons.  We had not chatted in several days.  Ron washed the supper dishes for me and that was a nice treat.  The list of things to do only grows longer and not shorter.

At the office, it was a little slow and Ron took care of most of the customers while I worked on the files.  There were really not any hearing issues today - that is, once I remembered to put the sound processor on.  I recently have forgotten to put it on a couple of mornings and have gotten a block or two from the house before I realized I could not hear anything. 

It is a good day when I don't have any hearing issues!

* The quilt block is made up of 16 small 3" squares that are black on one half and a different color on the other half.  I am just playing with it at this point and will decide if I want to do anything with it.  It may be more work than I want to put in on it at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment