Monday, January 11, 2016

January 11, 2016

One Christmas Tree Down
January 11, 2016


Our trees filled with Cormorants 
 
This morning I woke about 7:00 a.m. in the recliner, having slept there all night.  I started taking the ornaments off the sewing room Christmas tree and packed them all away.  It was this evening before I took the tree down and boxed it up, but everything is done and put in the proper storage places.  I have even vacuumed the floor, but need to clean it good.

At the office, the morning was slow and the afternoon busier - the opposite of most days.  I got the reports in the mail for the accountant and wrote a couple of note cards to people and got those mailed.  I spent time shuffling papers.  At least that is how it seems.  I go through one stack and they seem to reappear on the other side of the desk.

During the afternoon I prepared a deposit and around 4:00, took it to the bank and then made one stop on my way home.  When I got home it dawned on me that I did not have my phone - I had left it on my desk at work.  I tried to call Ron to ask him to bring it and the house phone was out of order.  I finally posted a note to one of my sons on Facebook and asked him to call his dad and tell him.  It worked!

Our son and daughter-in-law in New Mexico think they may have found a house to move to and are excited about how God has worked this out.  We do have an amazing God!  They will know tomorrow night for sure about the house.

Today was cloudy all day, but the predicted rain never came.  As I arrived home, I saw that the eucalyptus trees were filling with birds as they had been doing for several days or maybe weeks.  From our yard, I have not been able to tell for sure what they were because they land in the side of the trees facing the water.  They sound like bull frogs - LOUD bull frogs.  But tonight I was able to get photos of some of them.  They always arrive just before dark so that makes it hard to get the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment