Friday, January 8, 2016

January 7, 2016

Foggy Evening
January 7, 2016

Christmas decorations still need to be packed away.

Several of our customers have expressed the same things I have been feeling this week - confusion.  The last two weeks we had 3 1/2 day weekends with Christmas and New Year's Day falling on Fridays.  That is making this week seem long.  I woke up thinking it was any day except Thursday, but I had to go to work anyway.

At the office, I continued working on "end of the year" activities, and there are a lot more to come.  All the past year's files (bills, insurance policies, etc.) need to be boxed up both for the office and my personal files.  I hope to get to that next week.

Thursday morning was very busy with a lot of walk-in traffic.  The afternoon was slow.  Ron was out on some jobs.  I got bills paid, checks posted, and all those normal business activities.  When asked, all of our customers have said their Christmas was wonderful.  That is not always the response I get.  Interesting.  People seem to be in a good mood.

Can you believe I have still not finished my Christmas cards?  There are still a few to send out and I just keep not getting them done.  Maybe next week.

Ron and I met Mom and Jim for supper at Jason's Deli and had a nice visit.  When we left, around 7:00, it was getting very foggy.  It had been a while since I had seen the fog in town that thick early in the evening. 

Once we got home, I wasn't feeling real good and went to bed early (which is why this blog is late).  I slept most of the next 12 hours and feel great today (Friday).

I still need to take down the Christmas trees and assorted decorations and I would like to spend time working in the yard this weekend.  Don't know which activity will win out.

Lately there have been a bunch of the green parakeets (small parrots) flying around town and I love rolling down my windows in the car and listening to them.  Going out to get the paper in the mornings, the birds filling the trees are chattering.  I love being able to hear those sounds with my Cochlear Implant.  I know the most important thing to hear is voices of family and friends, but I sure enjoy the bonuses of hearing the birds, water flowing in the ponds and birdbaths, laughter, the wind through the trees, and thousands of other sounds every day.  Life would have been so different without the Cochlear Implant.

No comments:

Post a Comment