Friday, September 18, 2015

September 18, 2015

It Is Friday, AND
No Doctor Appointments!
A Win/Win Situation
September 18, 2015

The Chrysanthemum that I planted in this 
hanging basket last week is doing well.

It has been a great day.  Ron let me sleep late until I woke up on my own at 7:45.  I took my time getting ready for work and took care of things in the yard before going to the office.  Yesterday was hot and humid.  Today was worse.  With a temperature of 90 mid-day, the heat index was 103.  The UPS guy came in soaking wet from the heat.

The morning was spent on assorted paperwork and I took time to go to the drug store to pick up a prescription.  Then Ron left on errands, returning briefly before heading our for an hour or more to work on a job.
My new flowerbed is still there and 
no bugs or animals have eaten the plants.

There were no doctor appointments although I did wake up with the welts on my arm again.  I sure wish I knew why that is happening.  An email from Mom said that Carmen was doing pretty well but having pain in the finger she cut.  My sister who is staying at the island, came into town and took Mom to run a couple of errands.

Too many loose ends of things that need to be taken care of, seem to accumulate on my desk. It is a never ending battle to conquer the paper monster.  I made up and took a bank deposit this afternoon.  I was in and out of the drive up lane in a hurry.
This potted plant has loved all of the rain lately.
Toward the end of the afternoon Ron tried to straighten out some tax information for Mom, his mom, and me on our household help.  We thought the paperwork had been taken care of, but if so, it did not get to the right place.  He took care of two of them quickly once he found out exactly what needed to be done.  I think the whole thing was a miscommunication.  Mom and I are set and he was working on his mom's when I left the office well after closing time.  He was going to stay and do some work for a customer. 

I went to Mom's and we decided to go to Luby's for supper.  It did us both good.  We both had a hard week - me with seeing one doctor after another and her with just not feeling up to par.  We don't know why, but are praying for a quick improvement.  Then when I took her home I picked up some things that were my grandmother's.  I had a great relationship with both my grandmothers.  I learned so much from both of them.
A couple of other hanging baskets are still in bloom

After supper, at home I took care of things in the yard.  A branch had fallen that was holding a bird feeder.  I don't know is the Black-bellied Whistling Ducks are back at attacked the feeder hoping to knock it down or exactly what happened.  It was a dead limb. 

Since Carmen has a  hurt hand, I won't have her help tomorrow and I will really miss that!  I need to do some housework myself tomorrow.  Yuck.  Beds to be changed and laundry to be washed, top the to-do list.

No comments:

Post a Comment