Sunday, September 13, 2015

September 13, 2015

Getting Over the Allergic Reaction
September 13, 2015


Tufted Titmouse on the birdbath
 
Sunday mornings are for going to Sunday School and worship service.  Today, I decided I needed to be at home instead.  I have been taking Benadryl for the reaction and it makes me sleepy.  I woke up early and put a ham in the oven, started Ron's coffee and returned to the recliner.  Ron came in a little later and I told him I was not going to try to go. 
 Buff-bellied Hummingbird
 
The arm that has had the serious hives is very sensitive to touch and I didn't know what I could wear that would not rub that very tender area.  I went back to sleep and slept until 10:00.  I woke feeling a little better but lightheaded.  I worked on fixing a good lunch.  It seems it is really rare that I have time to cook a full meal anymore. 

Bewick's Wren 
 
When Ron came home he took care of things in the yard since I didn't feel up to it. We had our good lunch and he shared what had gone on in the Sunday school class and what he covered in the lesson.  He is a good teacher.  The class members all seem to enjoy the class and his teaching.  I spent a while watching the birds and later went out and brought in the hummingbird feeders, cleaned them and refilled them. 
g
 Goldfinch
 
The orioles are migrating.  By one of my past set of notes, they are three weeks earlier than that year.  It makes me wonder what they know that I don't.  The Ruby-throated Hummingbirds are also migrating.  A few are here, but not large numbers at my house.  The yard is very active with sparrows, woodpeckers, wrens, and the migrating visitors.  
Hooded Oriole

The headache I had battled the last couple of days let up some for a while but came back in the early evening.  I am getting tired of dealing with one health issue after another.  The allergies have been a lifetime problem and I was glad to finally get a way to work on them.  The allergist said I could possibly  continue them by taking Benadryl 2 hours before each injection, but that makes it hard schedule wise.  Just hope I can work out something to continue the shots. 
Juvenile female Golden-fronted Woodpecker

No comments:

Post a Comment