Wednesday, September 16, 2015

September 16, 2015



Doctors, Doctors, Doctors!
Yikes!  Too Many!
September 16, 2015

Image result for free clipart imagesImage result for free clipart imagesImage result for free clipart imagesImage result for free clipart images


Last night's stomach pain from what I expect was an allergic reaction to the allergy shot left me feeling sore this morning.  When I turned on the light in the bathroom and looked in the mirror (a scary thing to do early in the morning), I spotted red welts on the arm that had the bad reaction last Friday.  They were raised red streaks on the arm looking like scratches, but were not scratches.  They were on both sides of the right arm, on my side next to the arm and on my right shoulder.  They got worse over the next few hours, so I decided that it was time to go back to the doctor.  The shots yesterday were given in my stomach, not in the arms.  I also needed to see what to do about tomorrow's shot.

At the doctor's office, I only had to wait about 15 minutes today.  One nursing student took the information and then the head nurse came in and talked to me for a while.  They decided to do a medication test to see if the medications are being processed by my body - in other words, are the antihistamines working?
 
Image result for free clipart images
The Physician's Assistant talked to me for a while about what direction we should go.  This lady is the one Ron and I usually see at the office.  In fact, I had never seen the doctor who runs the clinic.  Previously, he had another doctor running the clinic, but that doctor moved away.  Ron had seen this doctor a couple of times, but I had not.  The doctor was there today and I just mentioned I had not met him.  The Physician's Assistant had been talking to him about what they should do on my case.  She went and brought him in so I could meet him and he ended up staying for a while talking about things in general and the allergies.

In a little bit, the Physician's Assistant came back and said that the doctor had gotten me an appointment tomorrow with an allergist to help decide on a course of action.  I already had another appointment set for tomorrow, but finally decided to move that one and take the one with the allergist since his next opening was in two weeks.  Of course the one I had to postpone had to be postponed for three months, but at least it was just a yearly check up and not as big a problem as the current allergy situation.

Image result for free clipart images
When I got back to my office, I just had time to eat some yogurt and get back in the car for my appointment with the Ear, Nose, and Throat doctor who had sent me to have a CT scan of the sinuses a couple of weeks ago (the day it flooded).  At least there I got good news.  He said there was no infection and the polyps in my nose are minor and do not need surgery.  Yea!  Finally some good news.


In truth, most of the doctor visits have been good news.  They are checking on things that I had ignored for way too long.  At one point I had asked that he send a copy of the report to my doctor's office and when I gave him the name, he asked, "Which one?"  I asked if there were two with this foreign last name in town.  He laughed and said yes.  I pulled out a stack of business cards from various doctor's offices and told him I was seeing way too many doctors.  He again laughed and I said if he wanted, we would take him to dinner some night but I was tired of seeing doctors in their offices.


Image result for free clipart images
In our continued conversation, I told this doctor this afternoon who is from the Orient, that I am thankful that he is in our city.  I said that I have seen many doctors the last couple of years, and that I was impressed with the quality of doctors we have in our community.  They have been thorough and kind.  The one I just met this morning gave me a hug as he left the office and said, "God bless you."  God has blessed me.  Even during the time of medical situations, He has led me to good doctors and for the most part, caring staff.  There have been a few of the office staff employees that left a lot to be desired, but the vast majority have done their jobs well.


It was after 2:00 when I finally got to the office to do work.  It was another quiet day, but we both had things to work on.   Ron was repairing a couple of safes and I had computer work to do.  I don't know where the afternoon went.  Before I knew it, it was time to go home.  I started home and remembered I needed to buy a pair of tennis shoes and get them broken in before we go out of town soon for a few days.
Image result for free clipart images
I went to several stores.  I saw the Physician's Assistant at Academy as I was looking for the tennis shoes.  They didn't have them.  I finally found them at Sears along with some sale items.  It was 8:00 before I got back to the house, hot and tired.  I watched part of the GOP Presidential Debate.  Without closed captioning, I would have been at a loss for a lot of the program. 
Image result for free clipart images


It has been another long day.  I better get a little rest. 


No comments:

Post a Comment