Thursday, September 10, 2015

September 10, 2015

A Cool Front on the Way?  
September 10, 2015


Oriole - not sure which kind

Before going to the office, I did some laundry, some dishes, fixed and ate breakfast, worked in the yard filling bird feeders, ponds, and bird baths.  I got a few bird photos.  An oriole came for breakfast at the hummingbird feeder.  There were at least two ruby-throated hummingbirds at another feeder.  

I always think of the line "four and twenty black birds baked 
in a pie" when the White-winged doves fill the feeder.

Today was a good, productive day at the office.  I continued to work on my desk.  In order to do that, I needed to work on my files.  I have several file cabinets in my office.  Each is a different type of cabinet and each serves a different purpose.  I needed to move some things from my desk file drawer to make more room in it. 
White-winged dove
 
With a lot of effort, I was able to transfer some things to one of the other cabinets and now that  drawer in my desk holds files I use often.  There is still a lot to be done on that project, but I made a lot of progress today.
 White-winged Dove

I prepared a bank deposit and took it to the bank.  I helped several customers.  Ron was in the office but he was working on a large order for a customer.  He worked until late tonight to finish it.  I had hoped to sew, but still no time at the office and then I left the fabric there for the project I would like to finish soon and could not work on it this evening at home.
 When I got back from the bank, dark clouds were 
moving in but didn't bring any rain.  
We did have a shower at the office this morning.

When I got home, I just had a snack and went to work in the yard.  I spent 1 1/2 hours working out there.  It was hot!  There is suppose to be a cool front on the way, but it sure isn't here.  I had sweat dripping off me as I worked.  I planted 5 of the chrysanthemums in the ground, one in a hanging basked, and one in a pot.  I will try to remember to take photos tomorrow.  It was too dark by the time I finished this evening to take any photos.
 Same Oriole as above

By the time I finished, I was soaking wet from sweat.  It was still and hot.  Even though it was almost dark when I finished bringing in my tools and picking up the debris, it was still very warm.  I spent time in the kitchen, did some laundry, and relaxed for a while.  It was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment