Tuesday, June 30, 2015

June 30, 2015

50,000+  Page Views on This Blog
June 30,2015

This couple is in our Sunday School class and are hard workers, yet they know how to have fun.  The wife is in charge of the arts and crafts area for VBS, and the husband is patrolling the area during the evenings.  He cooked all the brisket for the supper our class served last night and both worked hard on that activity.  They love the Lord, each other, and every one they meet.

Here we are at the end of June, 2015.  It has been a little over 2 years since I got my Cochlear Implant and almost 2 years since it was activated.  So much has happened during that 2 years.  Almost all of it is good!  Those of you who have been reading along since the beginning of this blog (which started about two years and three months ago), have followed the ups and downs along the way.
A great VBS prop!
Of course I wanted to be able to hear my husband, our sons, their families, as well as friends.  My Cochlear Implant has worked well and has provided great sounds.  I mentioned a few weeks ago about going to a new doctor - an ear, nose, and throat specialist.  His nurse was astounded to know that I could hear and understand speech immediately when the implant was activated. That is not always the case.
 Our oldest grandson is off at a military camp for a month and his little brother 
decided to get the same haircut his big brother did.  He looks SO different!

Those of you who are part of the 50,000+ page views, have followed the preparations for our son's wedding last fall.  You have kept up with another son looking for a house in the town where he is now working.  You have been seeing my grandchildren grow.  You followed my mom's health problems last fall as she recovered from her back injury.  You saw our quiet celebration for our 50th wedding anniversary earlier this month.
 Isn't this waterfall in the gym beautiful?

So many things have been happening.  You have laughed about my magnetic coil on my sound processor and the adventures I have had with the sound processor "jumping" off my head and attaching to other things, like my umbrellas, the car door, and a few other things.  You followed along as Ron and I both had surgery in September of 2013.  Mine was the second elbow surgery and his was the removal of hardware from his broken leg 20 years ago.
 3rd Grade classroom

You have seen how our family has rallied to help each other when needed.  You have watched the birds and plants in my backyard.  You have looked at the quilts I have made or worked on.  You have seen my adventures and misadventures, and still you stick with me and read my blog.   All I can say, is Thank You!  You have encouraged me, made suggestions, offered advice, asked questions, and generally shown that you care about what I am sharing.

Our VBS Director, Miss Debbie.  She does an amazing job each year.  
She will start next week making plans for next summer! 
 Thanks, Debbie!

Let's continue on this path together and see where it goes.  Ron and I have a wonderful, short trip planned for this fall, a very short trip planned in a few days, and so much more going on.  This evening, four of my grandchildren are scattered around the house - a few asleep as they should be, but one or two still awake.  Vacation Bible School continues.  The photos in this blog are from the time I spent at VBS waiting for them this evening.

One of our sweet Grands!

This morning I slept a little late.  I got to the office just after 10:00.  It was windy and raining.  The grandchildren were with their other grandmother for the day.  Ron was out of the office much of the day.  I sewed some and added 5 blocks to the string quilt stack.  I now have 102 squares made.  After work I went to Mom's and boxed up her computer and took it and her to Best Buy to see if they could fix her computer.  The man was so kind, patient, and helpful.  At one point I went to the phone area and asked a lady to help me with a phone problem.  Again, she was kind, knowledgeable, and solved my problem.
That new haircut turned him into a Wild Man

From there, we went to Staples so I could use some coupons.  I bought a few things and then Mom and I picked up supper before I took her home.  She had a coupon and I tried to take it to Staples, but they closed earlier than I expected.  I headed to the church to pick up the grandchildren and it was 9:30 before we got home and fixed supper.  Somehow, I doubt I will be able to get them up and moving in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment