Tuesday, June 2, 2015

June 2, 2015

A Hectic Day With Too Much to Do!
June 2, 2015

It was just before 5:00 a.m. when I got up to have time to take my allergy shots and wait at home during the time when a reaction is most likely, before I was to be at the doctor's office at 8:00 for an endoscopy test.  When I had seen this Eye, Ear, Throat specialist last week about my tonsils something I said made him decide to do the endoscopy to be sure there were no problems.  I was there before 8:00 but it was about 8:15  before I was called in and then 9:45 before I was done.

They did the deadening for the endoscopy and the procedure really went very well.  I had no trouble with the test.  Then he had me have a hearing test and were very impressed with the good results I have had from the Cochlear Implant.  I am so thankful!  Test results from the endoscopy were good.  There is only a minor infection to treat with medication; "come back in 3 months".  Very nice doctor.

For the test I had to be fasting, so when I finished I returned to the house to take my morning medications (which I forgot to take while I was home) and got some breakfast before going to the shop.  Ron soon left on a job that kept him out for a couple of hours.  I stayed busy with customers and most were better than the ones yesterday, but still presented some problems.

When Ron returned, I went to his mom's house to pick up Carmen and take her to my mom's house.  From there, I went to the drug store to pick up the new medication and was in line for 25 minutes.  Before going back to the office I picked up ice and took it to the office.

The car repair place was to have the car ready this afternoon for the lady I backed into last week.  We agreed to meet her at the repair place at 5:30.  That meant that I would not have much time to spend getting the house ready for the quilt group.  So Ron suggested I come to the house about 4:00 and then return to the office at 5:15 to pick him up and we would go to the car repair place.  That didn't leave me much time at the house, only time to eat and clean the dining room and return to the shop.

When I arrived at the shop, he was busy with two customers and I finally gave up and went to the repair place alone.  The lady was not there yet and then the manager said it would be another hour.  I sent her a text, but she was almost there.  She and I were going to return Mom's car to her while we waited, but Ron showed up and after discussion Ron told the lady he would bring the car to her house and she could go on home.  They are trying to get ready to move.

I headed home and had just enough time to feed the birds, fill the ponds, and water the plants in the back and the ones in front that Ron transplanted last weekend before it was time for the quilters to arrive.  We had a good group.  There were 6 of us in all and everyone stayed busy.  I finished preparing the backing for a quilt that a friend in the group is going to machine quilt for me.  I spent time helping Carmen with some projects and one of the ladies did a lot of translating on the sewing things to help Carmen.

Once the group had left, Ron and I had to go to the office to pick up his car.  From there I went to Walgreen's for milk and bread.  It was close to 10:00 before I got home.  Tomorrow my car goes in for some work on one door that has to be slammed in order for it to close.  They said it will only take about 2 hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment