Friday, December 5, 2014

December 5, 2014

A VERY Full Day
December 5, 2014


Beautiful rose at Mom's house.  The bushes are covered in buds.

What a day this has been!  I really don't know how I got every thing into this day.  It started with an appointment with the dermatologist.  It was an 8:30 appointment, but the place was packed when I got there.  It was 10:00 by the time I finished.  At least I had a good book to read on my Kindle.
Peanuts
Today's appointment with the dermatologist was a follow up on a biopsy he had done on a place on my leg a couple of weeks ago.  It was fine - no cancer, no infection.  He thinks it is an allergic reaction.  I find that hard to understand since it is one spot and I have been fighting it with various medications for at least 3 months.  But the cream he prescribed last visit is basically for allergic reactions and it finally worked when nothing else had. 
Candy Canes
On that previous visit, he had marked one place he was going to freeze and then he and I both forgot about it so he took care of that today.  He also took off a place that had just recently come up on my eyelid right beside my eye.  He cut it off and sent it for biopsy.  I must admit that procedure was a little nerve wracking! 
Bendable toy animals and people
An interesting thing happened as I was leaving.  The girl at the front desk was giving me the card for my appointment for my six month check up.  When I looked at the date.  It is our anniversary.  It suddenly dawned on me that would be our 50th wedding anniversary - 6 months from today!  I asked her to change it, hoping we will be doing something to celebrate.

 Little stuffed animals
From there I went to the office only intending to check in and then go for a car wash and go home to bake the cookies I mixed up last night.  Ron needed to go out on a job so I needed to stay.  Our grandson was putting up the Christmas tree when I arrived and he got it decorated while Ron was out on his job.  I had some emails I needed to answer and since my computer isn't working, I used Ron's while he was out and later finished doing the emails when I came home to bake the cookies. While at the office I ate the lunch I had in refrigerator as my breakfast since i had not eaten before going to the doctor's office.

 Colors and color books
After Ron got back, I left and got the car washed.  It took a long time for them to get it done - it was a mess.  Then I went home and did the cookies, ate some soup for lunch and did some work on the computer.  I returned to the office in the middle of the afternoon and prepared a bank deposit and paid some bills.  Once I had the deposit ready I took it to the bank, went by Mom's, went to the post office, and went to Sears to pay the Discover bill.
  Head bands for the girls

 .Little cars for the boys
When I finished at Sears I came home and got ready for a Sunday School party (the reason for the cookie baking).  For many years, our class has provided gifts for children across the river in Mexico.  We used to do gifts of toys, wrapped for each of about 125 children.  Now we do small bags of small toys, candies, and snacks for 300 children.  These are easier to get to the children.  About 15 of us were at the party and we got the 300 bags filled in about 45 minutes.  Then we ate and visited for the rest of the evening.  Scattered through this blog posting are photos of a few of the items that went in the bags tonight
Just a few of the bags.
The party was fun (it always is the highlight of the year when we fill all those bags).  The food was good, the friends are all special to us, and we pray that the children who get these bags will be blessed by them.
After years of doing this project, we about have it down to a science.  What fun it is! 
Everyone having fun as they worked
Many hands make light work
A break for some of the guys
My friend's Christmas tree.  She loves having the party at her house.

2 comments:

  1. You make me homesick seeing those pictures. Sweet memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of you last night as we worked. Ignore in the photos that we have all gotten older. :)

      Delete