Tuesday, December 2, 2014

December 2, 2014

Continued Decorating and Clean-Up
December 2, 2014


 This morning, I gave me husband a very big scare.  He was in the other room and came in hurriedly when I screamed, "Help!"  I was having a nightmare.  Poor guy, he thought I was in serious trouble or hurt.  In my dream I was running away as I was being chased.  The interesting thing to me is that normally when I am scared, I can not scream.  I try but my throat closes up and nothing comes out.  So, asleep, I can scream when scared.  Poor Ron.  At least he came to my rescue.

Before I went to the office, I cleaned the kitchen, stacked all the boxes that the Christmas decorations had been in, ready to go back in the closet or in the garage, found a few of the missing decorations, and found where the rest of them are.  I did a little more cleaning in the living room and again, felt good and very energetic today. 

Once I got to the office, Ron left and was gone on jobs and errands for his mom the rest of the morning.  I worked on some more of the bookkeeping chores and some filing.  It is amazing how quickly the papers stack up.  I am finding that I have almost no trouble understanding/hearing customers these days.  The biggest problem is if Ron is there, running one of the machines while I try to help someone at the counter.  If he isn't there, I do fine hearing.   It is good not to worry about that every time I go to wait on someone.

After Ron returned, I ate my lunch and shredded an assortment of papers.  Then I went to the post office to mail a packet.  From there I went by Mom's and then back to the office.  It dawned on my that it is already December and I haven't written my Christmas letter!  Normally I have it almost ready by now.  Maybe I will start on it tomorrow.

Late in the afternoon, I left the office a little early and came home for supper while Ron went to his mom' house for their Tuesday night supper.  I worked on the tree some more and finished the table centerpiece. 

Our youngest son, the newly-wed, called and we had a nice chat.  I did pretty well on the phone with him.  There were a couple of phrases I had to have him repeat several times.  We sure are going to miss him and our other out of town boys and their families at Christmas.  Last year everyone was here and this year, none of the out of town ones are coming. 

One thing I really miss is Christmas music.  I just can not hear other music well enough to enjoy it, but I think I will get a small CD player and try playing some of my Christmas CDs.  Christmas music is just the very best!

3 comments:

  1. Suggestion: could an iPod be connected to your sound processor? I bought a little radio that will play music on a flash drive. The thing is about 4" square but sounds like a big sound system. Now I just have to get my CDs transferred. Technology....whew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I don't get it done this month, maybe you can get me started when you are here this winter!

      Delete
  2. I'll see if I can find some info...or you may already know. I also got a cassette player to transfer tapes to the computer. Haven't figured that one out yet, quilting and grandkids keep getting in the way!

    ReplyDelete