Saturday, December 13, 2014

December 13, 2014

Christmas Musical in San Antonio
December 13, 2014


Roses from Mom's yard, sitting on her kitchen counter.

This morning I was up early for the housekeeper.  She came at 7:45 and worked hard all morning on my house.  I had not been home much this week so I had not gotten it too dirty, but when I did get it dirty, there was no time for me to clean it, so there was enough to keep her busy.  Ron slept a little late and then we talked a while.  There just hasn't been enough time for the two of us to converse recently.

At noon we met his brother and sister-in-law at Luby's for lunch and enjoyed chatting.  They had been to an estate sale this morning with a lot of dollhouse items and after lunch I made a quick stop there and bought a few items for the girls.  What fun!  It was a nice collection.

From there I did shopping for Dave and Diana's niece and nephew who live with them.  I wish I was around them more so I knew their tastes better, but I did have fun shopping for them.  I got a few things for Jeff's kids, but am only about 1/2 way through with shopping for them.

As soon as I headed to do the shopping, I almost turned around and came home.  SO many people out shopping!  I did not go to the mall, but rather to some stores north of the mall area.  They weren't too crowded and I did accomplish a lot in 4 hours.
Our son Dave in the musical at his church in San Antonio this evening.  
He is about in the middle of the photo, on the second row.

Around 6:00 I went to pick up a prescription for Mom but the pharmacy was closed.  I will try again tomorrow.  I went by Mom's anyway and gave her some small ornaments I had picked up for her at Michael's.  As I was leaving Michael's our son David called to tell me he was on the way to his church to be in the musical and that I could watch it on the computer.  I set Mom's computer up so she could watch it at her house and left to come home about the time it started. It will be on again tomorrow night at 7:00 - live for the final performance this year.

Village Parkway Baptist Curch in San Antonio, TX
Technology can be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment