Wednesday, December 24, 2014

December 24, 2014

Christmas Eve
December 24, 2014

It is hard to believe it is almost Christmas.  Maybe it is hard to believe, because I am not ready for it.  I hope all the shopping got done.  I know the baking is not all done, but some is finished.  I didn't sleep well last night.  I was up very late and up rather early.  I took care of a few things at home and then stopped at a couple of stores on the way to the office and took care of two people on my list. 

At the office, I prepared a bank deposit, paid some bills, waited on a few customers, and did a little computer work - but very little since mine is still restoring all the things Carbonite had backed up for me.  After about a week, we are at 55% restored.  I got a couple of boxes I needed to put gifts in for wrapping.  Then I went to the bank and next picked up our oldest two granddaughters.  They helped me on a long list of activities. 

The three of us went to get a gift card at one store.  Then after parking in a packed parking lot in a very busy part of town, I mentioned to the girls what I was going to get.  They said that was already covered.  Glad I had them with me and that they were paying attention.  Next we went to Michael's where there were lots of good prices, but not enough clerks.  Walgreen's was our last stop before we came to the house to do some baking.

The oldest of the girls helped me with one batch of cookies before we took a break to fix lunch.  Ron came home while we were eating.  While cookies had been baking, our middle granddaughter was sewing and made a sleeping bag, tote bag and quilt for a tiny doll she made last week.  She kept very busy until she broke a needle and I didn't have time to take care of it before the girls were to be picked up.

We made candy and the granddaughter who had been sewing finished wrapping the gifts she had made for her siblings a couple of weeks ago.  We got a lot of things done this afternoon including making a disaster of the kitchen!  Ron had cleaned it last night and could not believe the mess we had made.  I got some laundry done in between trays of cookies baking in the oven.

I still need to wrap a lot of gifts and hope to bake more cookies.  Mom and I had talked about going to the service at the church tonight, but after being on my feet much of the day, the broken toe is hurting and swollen.  She was able to get a ride with a couple from our church and I baked another batch of cookies before taking a relaxing bath.  Now it is time to clean the kitchen. 

When I saw the dentist about my broken tooth, he put me on an antibiotic that I take every 8 hours around the clock with food.  It still causes me some stomach discomfort, but it is bearable.

Ron cleaned the kitchen and then he did some gift wrapping while I baked a Coca-Cola cake.  Yummy! 
Merry Christmas to all, and to all, a Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment