Wednesday, December 10, 2014

December 10, 2014

A Today on the Go
December 10, 2014



Busy day!  Productive day.  After Ron left for the office, I showered and washed my hair, had a little yogurt and spent a little time in the yard.  I finished getting ready for work and made my lunch.  Chick-fil-A was doing their free breakfast again - it was to be 3 mini chicken biscuits.  They are very MINI.  I stopped by, but they gave me a regular chicken biscuit instead.

My next stop was H.E.B. to pick up a prescription for Mom.  I delivered it to her house and she was up and working at her computer.  She looked great and said she felt great.  From there I went to the office and did a variety of bookkeeping chores and prepared a deposit.  After a while I went to the bank and then to Walgreen's to get another prescription for Mom and from there to another bank to cash a check, before taking the new prescription to Mom's house.  They (she and Carmen) were just sitting down to a wonderful smelling lunch.  It reminded me it was 2:00 and my lunch was at the shop - they did offer food, but I needed to get back to work. 

At the second bank, I tried the drive up window, but could not understand the lady, so I went inside.  There, she turned the transaction over to a man and I really could not understand him.  I had to have him repeat many things many times.  Maybe bank employees work at speaking softly for that they are discreet in money matters, but it sure makes it hard for me to deal with them.

Back at the office I worked a while and then went downtown for about an hour to look for some fabric for a project.  After walking for several blocks while shopping and finding a couple of fabrics to try for the new project, I returned to the office long enough to put my things away before leaving about 10 minutes early.  Again I spent time in the yard, filling feeders, watching some  birds, and filling one of the ponds.

Then it was time to fix supper.  I was really wondering where Ron was and when he finally came in he said he thought I left an hour early so he just kept working when I had only left 10 minutes early.  We ate and he headed to bed.  After I read a while, I started sewing and spent a couple of hours on my projects.  Things are going well.

Mom is still learning what she can do and when she needs more rest.  The excitement of being home kept her going strong the first couple of days, but I think now she will try to get in a nap each day.  She is healing very well, but just not completely healed yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment