Monday, December 1, 2014

December 1, 2014

The Start of a Busy Month
December 1, 2014

As I turned down our street on my way home from work this afternoon, I looked to the west and there was an amazing sunset.  There was rain falling that was not reaching the ground (known as verga) but it was catching the light from the setting sun and turning the rain pink.  It was so pretty but there was not a place where I could pull over for a photo and by the time I parked at home and walked down the street for a photo, it had diminished.  It was still beautiful.  Both the walk and the sunset were good for me. 

Today, I finally started really feeling good again.  Ron is also feeling much better.  It is again the first of the month and as I say this time every month, it is my busy time.  I think this whole month is going to be busy for us. Today, I had posting to do, statements to print and prepare to mail to customers, and a deposit for the end of the previous month to prepare.  I did get a late start on my day though. 

I slept a little late and then when I sat down to read my emails, there was one I needed to answer.  I also had a couple of other things to take care of at home before going to the office.  When I got there Ron was busy with a couple of customers.  By the end of the day I had the statements ready to take to the post office so I left a few minutes early to go to the post office, the bank, and Mom's house. 

When I got home I started on a couple of neglected projects.  One was that I finally finished unpacking and in some cases repacking all the things we had taken to Dallas for the wedding rehearsal dinner.  I had bought some storage containers this past weekend and they turned out to be a perfect size to store some linens.  One now has all the linens from the wedding rehearsal dinner, one has the linens from my parents' 50th wedding anniversary, (which I use often) and one has other things from the wedding rehearsal dinner decorations.  Someone has already asked to borrow some of them soon.  I was very pleased to get all those things sorted and safely stored.
A photo my grandson took yesterday of the top of the Christmas tree.

Then I began gathering the boxes from all the Christmas decorations and I am getting them ready for Ron to put away until after the holidays.  We can now walk through the living room without too much danger.  We need to get rid of the castle and the space ship and then the house will return to near normal.  Maybe later this week.  The kids really enjoyed playing in both the space ship and castle yesterday afternoon.  The youngest of the boys spent a lot of time in each and the youngest girl has set up house in the castle.  Hate to take them away, but they are large and take up so much room.  The space ship may be able to stay a while since it is in the toy room.

Next I fixed supper and Ron and I ate and chatted.  All in all, the day was very quiet for me.  I was not needed at the counter to help with customers much at the office and I spent the day on the computer and doing the bookkeeping.  Ron was late getting home, so my work on packing things away was quiet. 

At the office I did take time during my lunch to watch a couple of videos on line.  One was about making quilted purses and the other was about making fabric Christmas ornaments.  I can't wait to try both ideas.  They look like fun!  Maybe I can at least try the ornament this evening.  I will let you know if I am able to do it.  I do have a lot of Christmas fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment