Sunday, December 28, 2014

December 27, 2014

A Day for Catching Up
December 27, 2014


One of the snowmen in my small collection of snow people.

The last couple of weeks I had not gotten all the rest I needed or done all the housekeeping I should.  Today was a day for catching up on both things.  The housekeeper arrived before I was awake.  Ron let her in and woke me to tell me she had arrived.  I got up and started working on things she couldn't really help with like putting away new Christmas gifts, putting up the gift bags and boxes and the leftover wrapping paper, tags, and ribbons. 

Laundry was on my list of things to do and I got most of it done.  I spent about an hour working in the yard - something I had not done in 10 days or so.  I filled feeders, ponds, and watered plants.  The birds have not returned yet; I guess they got out of the habit when I wasn't keeping the feeders filled.

After the housekeeper left, the mailman arrived with a couple of boxes of gifts from our son and his wife in New Mexico, so we had a wonderful "rerun" of Christmas.  They sent some very thoughtful gifts and we will enjoy using them.  A very unique gift was in the box and that was a book of testimonies by Christian writers that includes one by our daughter-in-law, Vickey.  What a special treat.  Although she had shared it with me when she wrote it, it was fun to see it in print and to read some of the others in the book. 

Here is another fun thing from the box:
One of my favorites in the box from New Mexico is this 
Snoopy birdwatching Christmas ornament. 

Maybe it was all my thinking about snowmen, but it dawned on me the refrigerator was not cooling as it should be.  While I napped the afternoon away, Ron moved a small refrigerator we hadn't been using, into the house from the garage and after my nap, I transferred the most crucial things to it.  I will have to call a repairman Monday and see what the problem is.  We have just been hit time and time again the last few months with repair needs! 
I checked with Mom by phone and all was going well.  I didn't leave our place all day.  It was good to catch up on some housekeeping and napping.  During the evening I contemplated my next quilt project.  It may be to finish something that is in progress.


It is time to start gathering the Christmas decorations from all over the house.  I will hope to get them all gathered and the trees undecorated by next weekend.  It is a lot more fun to put them up than to take them down.

Late in the evening I did a little reading, talked to our daughter-in-law Vickey, and fixed us some supper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment