Friday, December 19, 2014

December 19, 2014

Finally, It is Cool!  61 Degrees!
December 19, 2014



Finally this afternoon, it turned a little cooler and by the time we finished supper, it was very nice.  It is 62 degrees at 10:00 p.m. and should get to 52 degrees tonight, with possible rain.  That makes me feel a little more in the Christmas shopping mood.  Actually I have done pretty well and just have a few more things to do.

This morning on my way to the office I picked up our oldest granddaughter to spend the day at the office. After picking her up this morning, we spotted these White Ibises close to her house.  She did a few things around the office to help and then she used the sewing machine to make her mother's Christmas gift and started on another gift, but grew bored with it.  She had brought her home-school books so she studied history for a while and in general I think she had a good day.

She and I both got off without our lunches so we went to Chick-fil-A to pick up lunch.  Later in the day I made up a deposit and went to the bank.  I got a few of my things done at the office, but not much.  I still can't do my Christmas card.  The photos are not yet downloaded from Carbonite.  The computer is downloading the information and when I left this afternoon it had done only 9%!  This will take a while.  When I started using Carbonite, I think it took a month to upload all my photos, etc.  I hope it doesn't take that long this time.

After lunch, our two oldest grandsons stopped by for a few minutes on their way to work with the man from our church who keeps them busy on Friday afternoons, teaching them computer wiring and assorted electronics.
They are such good boys.  
They tolerate their Grandmother and her camera fairly well.

Our oldest son has been in a conference this week on the west coast and today his flight home was cancelled.  Last I heard, he was trying to book with another airline.  I know he is ready to be home in his own bed with the apple pie his wife was baking for him.  She sure spoils him.

After work, I picked up Mom, and Ron and I went to supper with her.  She is getting stronger every day.  She is not fully recovered, but is making good progress.  After leaving the cafeteria, she and I went to the grocery store.  We each had a few things to get.  Then I took her home and put away her heavy things before going to Walgreen's to get some Christmas lights to go on her front deck. 

When I got home just before 8:30, the phone was ringing and it was my brother.  I could not hear much of what he was saying but I think he will try to meet us when we go to meet our son Dave on Sunday to swap Christmas gifts.  I told him that he and Ron could work it out tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment