Monday, December 22, 2014

December 22, 2014

Finally, My Christmas Cards Are Printed!
December 22, 2014



Finally I was able to get my Christmas cards printed on my home computer last night.  It was not long before I ran out of ink!  I had never intended to print them at home, so I was not stocked with the needed ink.  This a cheap printer we got about a year ago at Walgreen's for $19.  It actually puts out a very good print but we have used it so little, that it still had the original ink cartridges in it and I had never bought replacements.

I got up early and after doing some work in the kitchen, cleaning out a couple of cabinets, I went to Staples and got the ink cartridges I needed and told Ron it would be about noon before I got to the office, so that I could finish running off the cards.  I actually made it to the office by 11:00.  Now I just need time to address the envelopes.  I got about 1/4 of them in the mail today and hope to get some done tonight. 

After I arrived at the office, Ron made a couple of phone calls and got me an appointment with my dentist for this afternoon so he could work on my tooth that broke last night.  The dentist polished off the very sharp edges and we discussed what to do long term about it.  I am going to have him pull it in a few weeks; I have an appointment for mid-January.  He doesn't think there is enough left for a crown and it would involve a root canal also.  I find it harder and harder to go to the dentist these days.  It used to not bother me, but it does now. 

My greatest hearing challenge of the day was as I was trying to leave the dentist's office.  To pay my bill, I was standing across a counter from the clerk.  Down the hall, to my left (the side my Cochlear Implant is on) several of the staff members were chatting.  I could hear their chatter but not the lady I needed to hear at the desk.  I had to have her repeat just about everything. 

I waited on customers while Ron worked on some items brought in by customers.  Then I paid some bills and worked on Christmas cards.  Of course, my Christmas card list is in my computer that is still being restored.  It is now at about 30%.  Ron had to call the repairman and get some help on one problem.

There have been some discussions on line recently about stores that won't let their employees say, "Merry Christmas" to the customers.  Now, I think many allow them to say it if the customer says it first, so I make it a point to say it to the clerks when I am shopping.  They do say it in return, but rarely do they say it first.  What a crazy world we live in! 

At the dentist's office I was given a couple of prescriptions so I had taken them by the drug store before returning to work and told them I would come back later for my medicine.  When I went back it didn't take too long to get what I needed.  I also took some cards to the post office and then went by Mom's house to see how she was doing (while Ron went to check on his mom).  Both are doing well.  After visiting with Mom for a bit, I came home and got some work done in the kitchen before rewarming some leftover chili I had made a couple of days ago.  We had that for supper and then I fell asleep in the recliner reading. 

There is still Christmas shopping to be done and I hope to get to it tomorrow.  (The ornaments shown in this blog are some of my favorites from the tree in my sewing room.)

No comments:

Post a Comment