Thursday, August 27, 2015

August 27, 2015

August is About Over;
Is the Heat Going Away?
August 27, 2015


Quilt I got back today from the quilter. 
 
The last ten days have brought us unusually high temperatures.  Yes, South Texas is always hot in the summer, but not this bad.  Just the last couple of days we have had some clouds and a  little rain, so things are better while it rains, but then it just seems to turn to steam when the sun comes out.  Tomorrow is predicted to be a little cooler.  Tomorrow morning may be 71 instead of 81.  That would be nice!

Today was allergy shot day so I was up at 5:00, then dozed, and then up at 6:00 and stayed up a while before going back to sleep until 8:30.  Got to the office about 10:00.  During the day at the office, I helped with a few customers.  Most came in the late afternoon and during my lunch time.  I always say they smell the food and come in to get some. 
 The quilt is a modified Log Cabin Quilt
 
Late in the afternoon, my friend Dolores who was quilting this blue and yellow, small quilt for me, came by and brought the finished quilt.  She has done the quilting, but I still have to do the binding before it will be all done.  
Each block has this bluebonnet print in the middle,
instead of the traditional solid red square

After work we came to the house before going to meet our friends at the Mexican restaurant for supper.  The food was good and since I can't have spicy food right now I am having a flour tortilla with beans and cheese.  It is really very good and the one large tortilla is more than I can eat.  We had a good visit and a fun time with our friends.  Most of the time we were there, we were the only ones in the place.  Two groups came in but were not there long.

From there Ron and I went to Wal-Mart.  He needed to return something and he bought a pair of work pants.  I found the sale rack and picked up a couple of things: a table cloth and some place mats.  Ron and I don't go shopping together very often but we had a good time tonight. 

Back at home, I had a nice phone visit with our daughter-in-law in New Mexico.  She and I always enjoy chatting.  Then I trimmed the edges of of the blue and yellow quilt.  I will be adding a blue binding to it.  I love how this quilt brightens up a room.
Needs a name: Rainy Days and Sunshine...?
 
In my spare time I have been sewing the binding on one of the other quilts that Dolores quilted for me.  It is a fun quilt and I love the binding; it looks like multi-colored confetti.  This is a large quilt whereas the blue and yellow is closer to a lap quilt (about 55 x 55 inches). 

Binding in progress

No comments:

Post a Comment