Sunday, August 16, 2015

August 16, 2015

A Great Sunday
August 16, 2015


Great Kiskadee
When I am in church on Sundays I have not figured out the best way to handle my hearing situation.  The best way to hear the music, sermon, announcements, and testimonies, is to plug my little radio into the cord that I attach to my Cochlear Sound Processor.  It picks up directly from the podium microphones.  That is great, but it cuts out other sounds, so that I can't carry on conversations with others during the greeting time or answer a question from someone sitting near me.
Hibiscus
I have been waiting to attach the radio until after the greeting time, but this morning there were several announcements early in the service.  It is frustrating to figure out the best plan.  And there are times the order of service is rearranged.  This morning it was great to have the device because there were three people who shared testimonies about helping on the other side of the world and how amazing God paved the way for the gospel to be shared.  This team worked for ten days with no showers, no laundry facilities, no indoor plumbing, and no real place to stay with walls and floor.  They went because that was what God wanted them to do.  While there, they saw the birth of a new church. 
Great Kiskadee
Our Bible study class earlier was very good.  We had a nice sized crowd and the lesson held the attention of the group.  We sure have a good bunch of friends in that class. 

Ron and I picked up some lunch on the way home and visited for a long time over lunch.  Then he took  a nap and I sewed during the afternoon.  I also did some cooking and some cleaning.  Ron and I each did a little work in the yard.  I had not filled the bird feeders all week and did that this afternoon.  Soon there were a couple of Great Kiskadees and a pair of Tufted Titmice.  I realized how dirty the sewing room windows were when I took photos of the Great Kiskadees so I went out and cleaned them before taking photos of the titmice.
Tufted Titmouse
I got the quilt binding machine sewn to one side of one of the quilts I had recently had machine quilted.  Now I need to do the handwork on the back.  I also am experimenting with a different color combination on a quilt square I played a few weeks ago.  There is still so much cleaning to be done!

It clouded up this afternoon, but the clouds were only teasing about the rain and we did not get any.  Ron has been watering the yard and things have perked up.  The heat the last two weeks was extreme and of course we were out of town part of the time so the plants were wilting by the time we got home.
Tufted Titmouse

No comments:

Post a Comment