Sunday, August 16, 2015

August 15, 2015

A Lazy Day and a Trip to the Beach
August 15, 2015

Took this photo from the causeway going over to the island.

Today was a lazy day.  I was up at 5:00 for antihistamines prior to my allergy shots at 6:00.  I stayed up and worked on doing some cleaning.  Our house is still a mess from the hectic couple of weeks we have recently had.  After the allergy shots, again got a few things done and then read for a while; Ron left for the morning.  I napped some and then got my shower and got my hair cut before lunch.  Lunch was simple and then I finished the book I was reading.

I trimmed the extra fabric from a quilt I had recently had machine quilted and then I made the binding for the quilt.  I hope to get it sewn on soon.  Ron had been napping and I woke him so we could go to the island for a birthday party for our granddaughter.  Any time I say, "the island", I am referring to South Padre Island which is about 25 miles from our house and has the Gulf of Mexico on one side and the Laguna Madre on the other side (a bay).

We were to be at the island for the birthday party at 5:30.  When we got to Port Isabel, the traffic was bumper to bumper.  It took 30 minutes from the edge of town to the pool where the party would take place.  It was just after 5:45 when we arrived and we were the first ones there.  It was a beautiful day and the pool is lovely.

For the party the family had the pool reserved and everyone had a good time in the water.  Let me restate that: those who went into the pool enjoyed it.  I did not go swimming.  If I go into the pool, I need to take off my Cochlear Sound Processor, but with all the grandchildren and cousins in the pool, I don't want to be deaf in the pool.
Fun in the pool
There were about 24 there for the party and it was a relaxing evening.  The heat was not as bad as it has been and for that I was very thankful.  Since it was not windy, hearing was not a big problem.  I enjoyed the laughter of the children and the conversation of the adults.
Mom and my sister Debbie at the party
The kids and their dads had fun in the pool and then we ate supper of hot dogs, and tortillas with beans and cheese, by special request of our granddaughter, the birthday girl.  Then they were back in the pool until time for cupcakes.
 Her cake
There were gifts to open and then more swimming.  Ron and I left and with now more bumper to bumper traffic, and it took us 1 hour and 10 minutes to get back to Port Isabel.  What a mess!  
Traffic thinned out as we headed to Brownsville.  It seemed like a short trip to me as I spent the whole time on the phone with our daughter-in-law in New Mexico.  After we got home, it was not long until we were both asleep.
Sunset reflecting on the clouds to the East

No comments:

Post a Comment