Saturday, August 22, 2015

August 22, 2015

Airport Good-Bye to My Sister
August 22, 2015

My sister from Idaho had been visiting Mom for about 10 days and this morning it was time to say good-bye as she returned to the far northwest again.  I know Mom loved having her at her house for a nice long visit.  They got a lot done: some medical tests for Mom, new glasses ordered for Mom, hearing aids checked, hair appointment, trip to McAllen, two trips to the beach, shopping, shopping, grocery shopping, and several more activities.  My sister helped her get things done that I have just not had the time to do with Mom. 

Then our youngest sister from north Texas came for a couple of days and the two sisters who are close in age, spent time laughing and catching up.  There were good visits all around.  Our youngest sister is coming back to the area soon and I am sure Mom will get to spend time with her again.

My day started about 6:00 and I worked in the kitchen for a while, showered and dried my hair and went to Mom's to pick up Carmen, my sister and Mom.  We brought Carmen here to work and visited a bit before going to the airport.  I asked Carmen to take everything out of my closet except the hanging clothes so I could sort through the things.  Then she helped me move a bookcase into that room so I could have more room for the books waiting to be read.  She did everything I asked, but I didn't finish going through the things, so I need to finish that in the next couple of days.

After we left the airport, I took Mom home and then worked on the things out of the closet,  Even in the air-conditioned house, my hair was soaking wet from sweat while I was working.  After taking Carmen home I had a snack and took a nap.  It was early evening when I woke up.  Ron had been taking out a couple of trees in the back yard.  I pulled grass and weeds out of a section of the backyard where ivy is covering the ground.
White-winged Dove
The grocery store was next on my list.  It was 7:00 when I left and 9:00 by the time I got home and unloaded the groceries.  That made it 10:00 before I ate supper and Ron was already asleep.  He had probably worked in the heat too long.  Where he was working is completely shady and we had a strong wind, but I know he was tired.

Around 12:00 to 1:00 (mid day) when I was getting so hot working inside the air conditioned house, the heat index was about 106 degrees.  Even at 7:00 as I headed to the grocery store, the heat index was 95 degrees.  All day I kept getting so sweaty that I would take off the Cochlear Sound Processor  because my hair was getting so wet. 

I had really hoped to sew today, but that didn't happen and I doubt it will happen tomorrow.  Oh, well, that is why it takes me so long to finish a quilt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment