Friday, August 14, 2015

August 14, 2015

Celebrations Continue
August 14, 2015



It seems like August has become a very busy celebration month in our family.  Today we are celebrating the birthday of one of the granddaughters.  She turns 10 years old today.  Tomorrow she will be having a swimming party, but I didn't want to take her gift to the island and get it sandy.  More on that later.

For some crazy reason, I woke up at 5:00 this morning and knew I could not get back to sleep so I stayed up and cleaned.  I got 4 loads of laundry done and all of the laundry folded and put away.  I cleaned the utility room and worked in the sewing room.  I finished unpacking all that I could do without Ron's help.  For the first time in a long time I made his coffee and I was the one who woke him up for a change.

During the time before work, I also baked muffins for breakfast, got the things organized for the birthday gift, and I got several other chores done.  Of course as I was driving to the office about 10:00, I was sleepy.

At the office I helped with a few customers.  It was not a real busy day.  I did some computer work and emptied trash - all those exciting things that have to be done.  The birthday gift is for the two oldest of Jeff's girls.  It is their birthday and Christmas gifts all in one.  I wrapped the gift in Christmas and birthday paper since it is for Christmas and their birthdays

After lunch our daughter-in-law came with all the children and let the girls open the gifts.  I bought them a sewing machine.  They were both pleased and are eager to try it out.  It is exactly like the one I have at the office so they have used mine and will know how to work the new one.
 
The first one figures out what it is!
In God's perfect timing, their Sunday School teacher for the last few years came by a couple of days ago, to bring some fabric to make stuffed toys out of and so I was able to give those to them also.  There were a few little items they needed for the sewing machine, and then some scraps that a lady gave me recently at a garage sale.  They have enough to get started.
Now the other one realizes that it really is a sewing machine in the box!
I hope the sewing machine will give them many years of joy and creative expression.  They both have a lot of imagination and are artistic, so it will be fun to see what they create.

They all stayed and visited for about 45 minutes and it was good to see them.  They had several errands to run in town so they stopped by to cool off and visit us between appointments.

After I left the office, I took some mail to the post office and then went to meet Mom, my sister Debbie, and my husband for supper.  It was so good.  We had a nice chat and enjoyed our time together.  From there I went to Kohl's and used a gift card.  Then I came home and started one more load of laundry - the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment